Yemeni government forces pushed further into the strategic port city of Hodeida and seized their main hospital in heavy fighting…
Yemeni government forces pushed further into the strategic port city of Hodeida and seized their main hospital in heavy fighting on Saturday when their Saudi leadership coalition carrier put a brave face at the end of American tank support.
A loyal civil servant Dark circles “fell like rain” on the streets, because troops were rebel-laid mines and snipers to take control of the main hospital in the city about 600,000 people.
The uprisings have strongly opposed the government’s advance to the city’s major docks, which is the starting point for 80 percent of Jemens commercial imports and almost all UN-monitored humanitarian aid.
The postponement of US aid for coalition reconstruction will come as Washington’s support for the war effort is facing increased scrutiny after international disqualification of the journalist Jamal Khashoggi’s murder last month in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
The abandoning Saudi Arabian war in Yemen has caused growth g international concern after high-profile coalition strikes that have killed civilians, many of them children.
The intensified coalition-sponsored push to Hodeida, which has claimed the life of at least 382 men in the month, will, despite the help, provide agency warning of a humanitarian disaster in the event of a long-standing battle against the city.
Some 14 million Yemen are at risk of starvation, and many more are dependent on international support, according to the UN agency figures, which makes it important that Hodeida’s port
Yemeni officials said Saturday that the pro-government forces had captured the city May 22 hospital.
Amnesty International had previously accused Huthi of “deliberate militarization” of the facility after they had written snipers on the roof.
Two days after loyalist troops entered the Hodeida residential area for the first time, fighting in the east of the city raged as pro-government forces backed by air strikes and helicopters attempted to push deeper into the city.
“The camps are transformed into street matches,” said a trojalist official, adding that pro government forces had advanced about a mile along a major highway into the city on Saturday.
Hudeida resident Lubna, who asked that her full name not be used for fear of repercussions, said that “the noise of Apache helicopters, artillery and shooting” was ceaseless.
The Huthi forces used artillery to pound out loyal forces, which occasionally protrude from residential areas, she said, fearing that this could “mean that civilians pay the highest price.”
UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet on Saturday expressed rebellion on the “incompatible way” from fighting for an already “deeply scared and starving” population.
Bachelet urged the coalition, the Huthians “and all those who deliver arms to the parties to the conflict to take immediate action to end the suffering of civilians in Yemen.”
– “Worst Time for Children” –
The Field Coordinator of the Rescue Children Mariam Aldogani spoke of intense coalition strikes.
“In the last 30 minutes there were more than 15 air beats … This is the worst time for Hodeida children,” she said.
In a clear face-saving move, Saudi Arabia tried to propose the decision to terminate refueling in flight as own, not Washington.  The Pentagon had provided refueling capacity for about 20 percent of the coalition plan flying blacks over Yemen.
Saudi-controlled media suggested that the coalition had the capacity to compensate for the deficit.
Saudi Arabia Al-Arabiya Al-Hadath TV reported
But analysts said that US moves would limit the coalition’s ability to carry out bombing missions.
Andreas Krieg, a professor at the School of Security Studies at King’s College in London said that the decision was “significant” as refueling had been Washington’s most important operational role I
However, the superior boss of Supreme Sadiq Duwaid said the decision would not “affect” the coalition attacks on Hodeida, which would continue “until the Huthi militias surrender.”
– “Nothing but empty speech” –
The intensified battle against Hodeida comes despite Pentagon chief James Mattis calling for a ceasefire and negotiations between Yemen parties within 30 days.
The United Nations has since pushed this deadline back to the end of the year.
In a publication published by The Washington Post on Friday, the uprising Supreme Revolutionary Committee, Mohammed Ali al-Huthi, said the escalating offensive in Hodeida showed that Matti’s ceasefire called “nothing but empty speech.”
“The latest statements are trying to mislead the world d … The United States has complaints to end the conflict – but it has decided to protect a corrupt ally,” wrote Huthi.
The article raided Yemeni government officials who accused the Post of providing a platform to a “war criminal.”
Huthis has been monitoring Hodeida since 2014 when they exceeded the capital Sanaa and swept much of the rest of the country, leading to Saudi Arabian intervention the following year.
The rebel has since been driven out of practically the whole south and much of the Red Sea.
At least 110 air jets were performed in Hodeida, Saada, Huthi fortress in Orra Yemen and Sanaa between October 31 and November 6, the UN Human Rights Office said Saturday.
A total of 17,640 civilian misconducts were reported in Yemen since March 2015, with most accidents, 10,852, deriving from the coalition strike.
burs-mah-ac / hc / del