Categories: world

With Kevin Hart from Oscar, what should ABC and the Academy do now?

And they must explain why they did not see this Kevin Hart controversy who came a mile away. His old…

And they must explain why they did not see this Kevin Hart controversy who came a mile away. His old tweets and stand-up routines were in clear sight all the time.

Hart said Thursday night that he went down to host Oscar just two days after he went to Instagram to announce he got the job. In his explanation, he apologized for gay tweets and comments from his past.

“I’m sorry I hurt people,” he said in a tweet.

But it was Harts refusal to apologize, earlier in the day, which raised criticism and worsened the situation. Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences knew that it had a problem.

If Hart jumped or drove, his exit solved a problem but created another. This is because the organization must now make a replacement &#821

1; unless the producers decide to try to host the award show without host. If so, that would not be the first time.

When the academy has problems, ABC also has a problem. The two organizations work together on this year’s Oscarshow. It is typically the highest rated non-sports broadcast of the year in the United States.

The Academy broke its deal with ABC back in 2016. The deal lasts until 2028, an incredible long term contract according to the standards of

ABC’s parent company Disney is famously controversial-averse. The network takes its family-friendly brand very seriously. And the network makes more than $ 100 million in advertising revenues from each year’s telecast.

So, to put it simple, it’s not surprising to see Hart separate ways with ABC and the Academy.

But so far no unit has commented on the issue. ABC’s “Good Morning America” ​​covered Hart’s retreat as an “Oscars bombshell” on Friday morning, just like other networks.

Hart is called the 2019 Oscar host on Tuesday night.

“For years I have been asked if I would ever host the Oscars and my answer was always the same … I said it would be a lifetime for me as a comedian and that it will happen when it is assumed [sic] to, “he wrote on Instagram. “I’m so happy to say that the day has finally come to me to host the Oscars. I’m just blown away because this has been a goal on my list for a long time.”

Media Competitors applauded the Academy’s choice. But on Thursday morning, some of Harts’s previous statements and joke on social media were found.

Hart, on tour in Australia, removed some of his tweets.

Industry marks like Billy Eichner and Indya Moore spoke out and said Hart would do more. Moore tweeted at the academy and said “please do not let it be ignored.”

Hart then published two Instagram videos, both of which were tough in the tone. In one of the videos he said that he had already raised his anti-gay comments, and suggested that he did not have to return the question now. He also argued that the academy had insisted he would apologize, but said he would not reward the internet “troll”.

His response seemed to make a bad situation worse. On Thursday night, the influential gay court and media advocacy group GLAAD said it had come to the ABC, Academy and Harts management team “to discuss Kevin’s anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and record as well as opportunities for positive LGBTQ inclusion on the Oscars scene.”

Hart wrote down his “stepping down” message just around midnight east time.

“One day,” wrote the journalist and author Mark Harris, who was very critical of Hart, on Twitter. “When the story of this is written – tomorrow – do not believe in something that cites troll or” political correctness “or a” mob. “There were people who stood up for themselves and / or those who care.”

Sarah Kate Ellis, CEO and CEO of GLAAD, told CNN’s “New Day” Friday morning that she was disappointed with the result because “We hoped this would be an educational moment.”

Hope she said, “Hart would still host the Oscars “and would use the powerful Oscars scene” to help build up unity and awareness. “

Share
Published by
Faela