The wait is over. Now that most variants of the Samsung Galaxy Note8 they had received their dose of Android 8.0 Oreo , Samsung has released the expected update to the latest version of the operating system, intended for the Spanish edition of its latest flagship of the year 2017.
Several weeks ago, we already anticipated in mid-March that the Galaxy Note8 in its version with Exynos processor , had begun to receive the update in several regions of Europe. Now, as they confirm us from Xataka Android , the type of terminal destined for the Spanish market , is already receiving the latest Android update, seasoned with Samsung Experience in its version 9.
It’s been a while since Samsung upgrade the Galaxy S8 to Android Oreo. It was the first model of the brand to receive the update to the latest version, both Android and Samsung Experience, and since then the owners of the Galaxy Note8 have remained patient until Samsung decided to finally release the final OTA. Now, all those who possess a Samsung Galaxy Note8 Spanish, both in its free version and those acquired through the operator Vodafone , will be able to update their devices to N950FXXU3CRC1 firmware , which is already being deployed by Samsung.
The update has a weight close to 1.5 GB, and beyond all the inherent innovations of the latest version of the Google operating system, the update comes along with the changes introduced by Samsung in its customization layer Samsung Experience 9, including the ability to customize the panel more thoroughly edge , a keyboard completely renovated , and much more. We will miss, however, new features to get more out of the S-Pen, as well as the new Project Treble architecture . The complete list of news is as follows:
Samsung Experience 9, all the news
To improve your security, functions that use biometric data (face, fingerprints and iris) are only available when you use a secure screen lock type (pattern, PIN or password). When you switch to a non-secure type of screen lock (Swipe or None), biometric authentication is suspended to unlock and verify in applications such as Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass. If you are using biometric data now without a secure screen lock type, you can continue after the update, but it is recommended to switch to a secure screen lock type.
- Manage notifications for each application with notification categories (only compatible applications).
- The icons will be displayed at the bottom of the notifications panel for notifications that are not currently visible.
- Touch and hold an application to show shortcuts to common or recommended tasks within the application (only compatible applications).
- The notification badges on the icons of the application are linked to the notification panel. Delete a notification in one location and it will also be deleted in the other location.
- The taskbar gives you access to useful functions.
- GIF Keyboard allows you to send GIFs.
- More high-contrast themes are available.
System performance improvements
- Background services are limited to save battery.
- The applications running will be displayed in the notifications panel.
- The size and color of the font have been improved, and other options to improve the visibility of the Edge panel.
- Press and hold on the Edge panel to change its position.
- Added 3 new light effects for the Edge panel and color customization options for applications.
Lock screen and Always On Display
- New watch styles for the lock screen and AOD mode.
- Now you can adjust the transparency of notifications on the lock screen.
- You can make the screen of the device turn off when it is being broadcast on another screen.
- Controls account settings for different applications.
- Click on the profile image in the general settings to access the profile information and settings.
- View and manage the images and notes stored in Samsung Cloud.
- Store any type of file in Samsung Cloud Drive.
- Now it is possible to select specific files to be deleted or restored from each backup.
- The size of each backup copy and the number of items it contains are displayed.
Samsung Dual Messenger
- Install a second copy of a messaging app so you can use two accounts at the same time. For applications that use verification system using the telephone number, it will be necessary to have a different number for each account.
- Press and hold a messaging application on the home screen or apps to install the second account or go to Settings – Advanced Features – Dual Messenger.
Find My Mobile
- Back up your secure folder in Samsung Cloud to access when your phone has been lost.
- You can block Samsung Pass using Find My Mobile.
- View more apps at the same time by changing the list view mode to full screen.
- Use Game Launcher on Samsung DeX for an experience gaming to full screen.
- Added support for two additional Samsung cases (LED View Cover, Clear View Standing Cover).
- The Bluetooth connection now supports new high-fidelity audio codecs, including AAC and Sony LDAC.
- The video player includes auto repeat and speed option up to 2x.
- The voice recorder offers smart tricks to block calls when you’re recording.
- Email allows you to mark Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync emails.
- The new permanent notification from Samsung Health allows you to see the steps taken at a glance.
- Clock now includes a landscape mode and timer sound options.
- The digital clock widget opens the clock application when you click on it.
- Samsung Pass has added the ability to manage user names and passwords in third-party apps.
At first, the update should appear to the owners of the terminal with the passage of the days through a notification , which will encourage them to download and install the OTA package. However, it is possible to check if there are updates manually, by means of the Adjustments application, under the section of Software update .
Find them at the best price in the best stores.
|Samsung Galaxy S6||€ 0.00||TO BUY|
|RRP € 699|
|Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +||€ 0.00||TO BUY|
|RRP € 799|
Do you have Facebook installed? Get the best article of each day in our Page .