Carl Pei , Co-founder of OnePlus, had already commented in the past that users of OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T would get the function “Face Unlock” (unlocking by facial recognition), a feature that the company introduced with the OnePlus 5T, and logically also comes integrated into the OnePlus 6.
At the beginning of the year, a BETA period to debug OxygenOS 5.0.3 and the OnePlus 5 also received the facial unblock in January with OxygenOS 5.0, so it was a matter of time before it was official for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T.
These are the news that will receive the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T
In addition to the mentioned “Face Unlock” the update of OxygenOS 5.0.3 for the OnePlus 3 brings some other very interesting improvements that we summarize below:
- The launcher it has been redesigned with a more refined interface, and new icons that now show new options emerging after a long press.
- The Gallery get a new “new places” function that shows a map view with the location of the places where we have taken the pictures. You also get a new folder of recently deleted files.
- A new option is added share photos in Shot-On-OnePlus.
- He file manager s receives a new category of large files that makes it easier to search.
- A new climate widget appears, the positioning accuracy for the climate , and in addition the option of selecting the interval of updating the meteorological information is added, and adjusting it according to your preferences.
- It adds the security patch Google’s December .
How to get the update of OxygenOS 5.0.3 for the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T
This update is going to be done in a incremental , so it will not reach all users simultaneously, but some will have to wait for something more than others.
But the system does not inform you through the notifications of the possibility of downloading this update, you can always try to download it manually in Settings> System updates .
You can also go to the OnePlus forums and download and flash it following the instructions that are mentioned there. It is advisable to make a backup of the data before continuing with the update process.