It has a name: The highly sought after Walt Disney (DIS) combustible reclamation platform is officially “Disney Plus” (or maybe Disney +), according to CEO Bob Iger on result call late Thursday. He also described the entertainment war plans to propagate directly into the direct stream to the consumer.
Disney revenues and revenues hit taxes for the fourth quarter, sending Disney shares higher. Here are some highlights from the call and quarterly report:
Disney Income Call Highlights
- The Disney + Platform, launched since 2019, will host a live action Tom Hiddleston star Loki series, as well as a Diego Luna Starring “Star Wars: Rogue One” spinoff.
- As previously announced, Disney + will also feature brand new Star Wars and “Monsters, Inc.” series, plus a “robust” pipeline of original films for the service.
- More than a million users have subscribed to ESPN + sports service, launched only in April. This contributes well to Disney’s overall direct-to-consumer strategy, says Iger.
- Hulu is a big question mark for Wall Street. Disney will have a 60% stake in the streaming platform after the acquisition of 21st Century Foxs (FOXA) entertainment assets has been completed. Iger says that, given the success of sub-growth and brand strength, there is an opportunity to increase investment in Hulu, especially on the programming side.
- Iger strives to use the combined TV production capacity to burn Hulu with “much more” original programming so that it can compete more aggressively on the market. He also noted the opportunity to increase Hulus monthly pricing.
- The amusement parks’ new “Star Wars” countries will be the “biggest countries we’ve ever built”, both physical and comprehensive. He predicts “big increases in demand”. Star Wars: The Galaxy Edge opens in the summer of 2019 in Disneyland, California, and late autumn in Disney World, Florida. Disney revenue
Estimates : Disney revenues increased by 22% to $ 1.31 per share of 8% Earnings : Fourth Disney earnings per share increased by 38% to 1.48 USD at 12% revenue growth to $ 14.31 billion and recorded estimates on the top and bottom lines. Disney sales growth has been slow in the last four quarters.
The media network segment, including ESPN, logged 9% revenue gains to $ 5.96 billion. Disney’s typical strong theme parks and studio segments have also performed well, with theme park revenue of 9% to $ 5.07 billion, and the study’s revenue picks up 50%, undoubtedly enhanced by Marvel’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp” and Pixars “Incredibles 2”. “
Disney’s consumer products and interactive media segment revenues decreased by 8%.
” We are still focused on successful completion and integration of our 21st Century Fox acquisition and the continued development of our direct-to-consumer business, including the expected launch of our Disney branded streaming service late next year, says Iger in a press release.
Disney shares increased 2% to 118.27 in late trading after closing 0.9% to exactly 116 in stock market trading on Thursday. The retrospective measures suggest that Disney stocks try to clear 118 points from a cup-shaped base. The shares briefly cleared this item a few times during a volatile October.
YOU MAY ALSO CONSIDER:
Why You Should Buy In The Stock Market The Following Day
These 5 Dow Jones Shares Make This Bullish Move
The four top layers of this leading group are affected shopping zones
Midterms Lift Marijuana Stocks; “Fundamental Shift” Benefits These Companies