Total duration: 25 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
This meal equals to four servings
Nutritious Value (per serving)
- Calories: 385
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 98 mg
- Sodium: 498 mg
- Carbs: 16 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 39 g
- One tablespoon of honey
- Two and a half teaspoons of low-sodium soy sauce
- Half a teaspoon of cornstarch
- Four skinless center-cut salmon fillets (each weighing around 170 g)
- One teaspoon of sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- Two tablespoons of rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- One tablespoon of mayonnaise
- One medium cucumber that’s quartered lengthwise and sliced
- Three scallions that are thinly sliced
- One chopped avocado
- Jarred pickled ginger for serving (optional)
Preparation and cooking instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200 C°.
- Mix the honey, the two teaspoons of soy sauce and the cornstarch in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave the mix until just boiling (30 to 40 seconds)
- Rub the fish fillets all over with half a teaspoon of sesame oil and season lightly with salt then place the fish in a baking dish and bake for 5 minutes, afterwards remove from the oven and brush with the honey-soy sauce mixture, then return the fish again to the oven and continue baking until just cooked through (7 to 9 more minutes)
- Meanwhile, whisk the rice vinegar, mayonnaise and the remaining half teaspoon of each soy sauce and sesame oil in a large bowl, then add the cucumber, scallions and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and toss.
- Gently fold in the avocado.
- Serve the salmon with the salad and pickled ginger.