PS4 name change comes officially, and last week Sony began sending invitations to select participants in the PSN Name Change feature. Although this is good news for PlayStation users who want to change their ID, there are some risks that users should know when they change their name.
If you received an invite to participate in the PSN Name Change beta program, please be aware that you can face any issues with your games.
Risks to Change PSN ID
As previously announced, Sony has clarified that the name change feature does not support all games and applications on PS3, PS4 and PS Vita. If you decided to change your ID, here are the possible issues you may encounter:
- Lose access to a game you purchased, including virtual currency in the game.
- Lost saved data and other important achievements that you acquired from a game.
- May encounter some connection issues for some games.
- Your original ID may still be publicly displayed.
At the same time, Sony began sending invitations to the PSN Name Change beta. According to the invitation letter, participants will be able to use the upcoming feature on PS4 Firmware 6.1
0. While no official release date has been revealed for the 6.10 update, the fans are waiting to see it before the end of the year.