- Protein: 18 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 35 grams
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 50 grams small spinach leaves, extra leaves for garnish
- 150 grams small tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 90 grams low-salt smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons natural fresh yogurt
- 4 small slices brown bran bread
- 1 medium-size zucchini very thinly sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 180-200 degrees (c). Cover two baking dishes with baking paper and lay two slices of bread on on each. Spread the pesto over each of the slices of bread and cover with spinach, sliced tomatoes, linguini and onions. Sprinkle the lemon rind on top.
- Bake both dishes and make sure to switch positions to ensure that each dish gets an appropriate amount of heat until each slice is gold and crisp.
- After both dishes are baked, spread the smoked salmon and a small amount of fresh yogurt over the bread and serve with fresh spinach leaves.
Preparing the basil pesto: Put two cups of basil leaves, half a cup of Parmesan, half a cup extra-virgin olive oil, 3/4 cup pine nuts, 3 cloves of garlic into a food processor and blend until well-mixed.