Categories: world

Reward for missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs doubled among funeral for slain parents

The Reward to Get Home 13-year-old Jayme Closs, who has been missing for almost two weeks and believed to be…

The Reward to Get Home 13-year-old Jayme Closs, who has been missing for almost two weeks and believed to be in danger, has doubled while a sad community says its final farewell to their killed parents.

The authorities announced Friday that the reward amount had increased to $ 50,000 “using Jennie-O Turkey Store”, the company that owns a turkey hatchery and processing plant where Jayme’s parents worked in Barron, Wisconsin. The reward was previously $ 25,000.

“At this time, I would like to thank Jennie-O and all of their coworkers for their cooperation during this tragic time for those with the loss of two of their employees and their willingness to help get the 1

Investigators believe that Jayme was abducted October 15 before dawn after her parents, James and Denise Closs, 56 years and 46 years, had been killed in their home in Barron.

A common funeral service to celebrate the couple was planned for Saturday afternoon at St. Peter’s Catholic Church in Cameron, Wisconsin. A private family burial will be held at a later date, according to a death letter published by Rausch and Steel Funeral Home in Barron.

Thousands of volunteers helped investigators to search a 5-mile radius around Clos’s home earlier this week , but no evidence was found.

“It’s important to show people, you know, hope, and that we all care,” one of Volunteers Josh Murphy told ABC News on Tuesday. “There have been chaos, many people felt it. I can feel the pain of the family, even though they are not part of my family. That’s how I focus on showing hope.”

The authorities are looking for two vehicles of interest after cars were discovered near the Closs house around the day of the crime, announced the sheriff’s office on Monday.

A vehicle was probably a red or orange 2000-2014 Dodge Challenger, based on monitoring of nearby homes and businesses. The second car was probably a black 2006 to 2010 Ford Edge or a black 2004 to 2010 Acura MDX, according to the sheriff’s office.

From Thursday, the authorities had received 1 700 tips and closed over 1,400 of them, according to Fitzgerald.

Investigators believe that Jayme is still alive, and they will not stop searching until they go home, told the sheriff ABC News on Tuesday.

“The jump is what we drive on,” said Fitzgerald.

On October 15, just before the local time, someone called 911 from Denise Closs’s mobile phone and the 911 transmitter heard “very screaming” according to the record of the Barron County Sheriff’s Department obtained by ABC News. The sender dialed the number back but could not leave a voicemail.

More attempts were made, but the phone went unanswered. The authorities also tried to call the home’s landline, but it was suspended, records show.

When the authorities responded to the home mines later they found the front door and the couple had been killed.

Their daughter, Jayme, was considered to be home when they were killed but had been abducted when the authorities arrived.

“A whole state has been ravaged by Jayme’s disappearance, and her parents’ death,” said Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel in a statement on October 18th.

An Amber Alert has been issued for Jayme. Those who have information are invited to call the sheriff’s office line at 1-855-744-3879 or email [email protected]

ABC News & Rachel Katz and Emily Shapiro contributed to this report.

Share
Published by
Faela