Red Dead Online editions today – check out exact timetables and deployment plans on that link – and the leaks have officially begun.
Dataminers have snuffed through the code like truffle pigs and they have discovered some great details.
As you expect, there is a mix of activities, but there is also a story that goes through it. It seems that you spend a lot of time doing assignments for a man named Horley.
It will also be a mission where you can make a moral choice and decide the fate of an NPC. From the descriptions it appears that it will affect your honor score, just like in the single player.
Here is a list of what has been discovered for Red Dead Online’s campaign so far:
- Very illegal and very immoral: Marshall Davies asked you to meet him near Van Horn. He is on Alfredo Montez’s track and he wants to finish things.
- Eagles Among Horse Thieves: Horley suggested that you go to Clay Davies, a horse thief, to learn the horse’s furious trade trade.
- If the hat fits …: Horley directed you to the Blackwater Police Chief for the Pike Basin. A conman and outlaw are loose. Whether justice is to be done depends on your honor.
- Keros, tarry and greed: Horley thought you should offer your services to Samson Finch near Dewberry Creek. The industry is in his intersections. He has a job to do and one point to settle.
- Kill them, each: You were told to meet Horley and Mrs. LeClerk south of Armadillo. The man who killed his man can be buried nearby.
- Love and Honor: Horley said you should call the Tumbleweed Sheriff. A young woman has been taken by a kind of abuse and her husband is worried. A moral decision will be required.
This list of missions, via IllogicalMods can not be a complete list of launch missions, but it gives you an idea of what can be expected. It’s also worth remembering that this is a beta and Red Dead Online will grow and evolve over time, just as GTA Online expanded over the years to the present.
For a list of locations in Red Dead Online beta, check out our leak page for so far.