Categories: world

People with milk allergy die almost after a single garbage of McDonald's hot chocolate

A man with severe lactose allergy was rushed to hospital and nearly killed when a McDonald's employee gave him a wrong drink in error. Manchester man George Brown ordered a black coffee because of his milk allergy but soon found himself hospital after licking a hot chocolate for another customer. The 22-year-old had ordered his black coffee through the self-service kiosk to minimize the risk of human error. Moment later, he took a sip of the drink that was handed over to him and his tongue swelled immediately. "I took a sip of the drink and shaved it out," Brown said. "My tongue began to swell immediately. Faint and breathless." "The risk of an allergic reaction is that they are unpredictable. You cannot tell if they will get worse." "A reaction like this can limit your airways to the point where you can't breathe &#821 1; stop breathing – and then stop the heart – cardiac arrest – meaning death. "It's the hard level it could have gone to. I could have died. " Brown, a paramedic, was fortunately in shifts with his colleague at the time of the incident so was immediately seen. Colleague Richard McManus gave him nebulized medicine and an antihistamine to reduce swelling before being transferred to hospital. Although he received immediate medicine, Brown lost consciousness on arrival at the hospital where medics had to stabilize him. [19659] McDonald's then apologized that their service was "simply not good enough." [19659002] After Brown's dice with death sent…

A man with severe lactose allergy was rushed to hospital and nearly killed when a McDonald’s employee gave him a wrong drink in error.

Manchester man George Brown ordered a black coffee because of his milk allergy but soon found himself hospital after licking a hot chocolate for another customer.

The 22-year-old had ordered his black coffee through the self-service kiosk to minimize the risk of human error.

Moment later, he took a sip of the drink that was handed over to him and his tongue swelled immediately.

“I took a sip of the drink and shaved it out,” Brown said.

“My tongue began to swell immediately. Faint and breathless.”

“The risk of an allergic reaction is that they are unpredictable. You cannot tell if they will get worse.”

“A reaction like this can limit your airways to the point where you can’t breathe &#821

1; stop breathing – and then stop the heart – cardiac arrest – meaning death.

“It’s the hard level it could have gone to. I could have died. “

Brown, a paramedic, was fortunately in shifts with his colleague at the time of the incident so was immediately seen.

Colleague Richard McManus gave him nebulized medicine and an antihistamine to reduce swelling before being transferred to hospital. Although he received immediate medicine, Brown lost consciousness on arrival at the hospital where medics had to stabilize him. [19659] McDonald’s then apologized that their service was “simply not good enough.” [19659002] After Brown’s dice with death sent McDonald’s store manager paramedics to him for a free black coffee and breakfast.

The fast food service sent him meal vouchers and apologized for the error.

McDonald said: “We clearly recognize that this mistake was unacceptable and apologized to the current customer.

“It was simply not good enough. We have a number of procedures in place to avoid erroneous or but in this case these were clearly not followed.

” The event was fully investigated and the restaurant group has undergone special exercise to ensure that such a mistake is not made again. “

Share
Published by
Faela