Whether you ate too much the night before or you simply need a push in the right direction, this one-day plan will get you going on the right track!
- Upon waking up: Lemon juice has various health benefits, that’s why you should start your day off the right way by drinking a glass of hot water with fresh lemon juice, as hot water and lemon juice don’t only provide you with Vitamin C, but also, they help stimulate your digestive tract.
Also, make sure to stay hydrated during the day as hydration is a key element of a healthy detox.
- Before breakfast:
When you’re detoxing, it’s not recommended that you engage in any intense workout, still, it’s necessary to maintain your body temperature and keep your blood flowing, that’s why it’s highly recommended that you do some yoga if you’re feeling a bit sluggish, as it helps you stay energized for the rest of your day.
Set yourself up for a successful day by eating a meal that will keep you feeling satisfied without weighing you down. For example, you can have a strawberry smoothie made up of two cups of fresh strawberries, a frozen banana combined with two teaspoons of peanut butter and 120 ml of either plain Greek yogurt or fat-free milk along with half a cup of ice cubes, since such a smoothie contains more than a day’s worth of fiber, which will definitely help to keep things moving.
Another option is a flat-belly smoothie, consisting of 90 ml of vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt, a tablespoon of almond butter, half a cup of frozen blueberries, half a cup of frozen pineapples, a cup of kale and 3/4 cups of water, as these ingredients are known to ease digestion and eliminate uncomfortable feelings of bloat. Both smoothies contain about 300 calories.
- Mid-morning coffee break:
Despite the fact that it’s encouraged to give up caffeine during a detox, sometimes that’s not possible, yet don’t worry as you can replace coffee with green tea that’s rich in antioxidants, and helps boost metabolism.
And if you’re feeling the need for a little snack before lunch, grab an apple, or have some blueberries or probiotic-filled Greek yogurt that can aid digestion.
- Take frequent breaks: Use this time to take good care for your body’s health, so try to move during the day as much as you can, get up often from behind your desk and take short walks around your office (every 20 minutes or so would be great), and If you can’t do that often, take yourself a moment to do stretches while behind your office, and rest your eyes giving them a break, by looking away from your computer using the 20-20-20 rule, Looking away from your computer screen every 20 minutes at a spot that’s 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- Lunch time: Avoid afternoon laziness by eating a light lunch that won’t weigh you down, like a special detox soup consisting of spinach, asparagus, or broccoli, or a fiber-rich cabbage salad that’s made up of purple and green cabbage, red and yellow peppers, avocados, hemp oil & seeds, lime juice and cilantro, which contains heart-healthy fats; add some lean protein to your meal and take this time to eat away from your desk and your phone, focusing on the delicious meal you’re having. And once your lunch is done, take a 20 or 30-minute walk.
- Snack time: If you feel like you need something to eat before dinner time, nothing is better than a green juice made up of celery, lettuce, cucumbers, and apple. As this highly nutrient beverage can instantly boost your energy and make you feel like you have done something really good for your body. As it’s rich in essential vitamins.
- Relax: Before you go home to crumble in front of the TV screen, look for a way to spoil yourself! The best way to relax during a body detoxification is to enjoy a massage or spend some time in the sauna, both of which help relieve any cramping or tension in the body and provide comfort to the inflamed muscles and joints.
- Dinner: This is a perfect time to relax and enjoy a delicious meal rich in fat-free protein and fresh vegetables. For example, you can try the crispy fish recipe with rapeseed salad. It is rich in fiber, protein and vitamins and takes around 20 minutes to prepare. Instead of eating dinner in front of the TV, sit at the table so you can really enjoy your meal, you will find that you can focus on your food instead of eating unconsciously, where the latter is one of the reasons for overeating.
- Relax completely: One of the best ways to rid the body of toxins is to make sure you get some good and sufficient sleep, for sleep is linked to weight loss, stress levels and health in general, so pledge to take a break from technology tonight, take a relaxing bath and give yourself plenty of time to enjoy enough sleep tonight. You can also relax by practicing some yoga exercises before sleeping.
Crispy fish recipe with rapeseed salad:
Mix one and a half tablespoons of organic butter with quarter a cup of lemon juice, garlic powder and salt in a dish. Then, add half a cup of bread crumbs to another dish, then dip two slices of halibut into the first mixture, placing them on the skinless side for the crumbs to cover, then place them in the baking tray sprinkled with olive oil and drizzle and sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley, and bake for 13-15 minutes in the oven at 190 ° C.
Preparation of salad:
Mix 2 cups of rapeseed with 1 teaspoon of virgin olive oil and leave for three minutes. To prepare the dressing, mix a tablespoon of “Dijon” mustard with a tablespoon of lemon juice and half a tablespoon of olive oil, add the dressing to the turnips and stir well.