Nicki Minaj speaks to Grammy's producer Ken Ehrlich just days after Ariana Grande called him for statements that she did…
Nicki Minaj speaks to Grammy’s producer Ken Ehrlich just days after Ariana Grande called him for statements that she did not perform at this year’s Grammy Awards.
“I pissed off the same man Ariana shouted just to lie. Grammy producer KEN,” Minaj wrote on Twitter. “I was bullied in staying silent for 7 years of fear. But I’ll tell my fans the real thing on the next episode of # QueenRadio they deserve the truth.”
The statement was in response On a fan who tweeted her confusion over why Minaj had never won a Grammy before: “Nicki Minaj has been on top of her game too far for not having a Grammy,” she wrote. “I don’t know what white man from the boards she pissed off.”
Variety has reached out to Ehrlich for comment.
Prior to Grammys, Grande also expressed his frustration with Ehrlich after he told the Associated Press that she would not perform at the ceremony because of her inability to assemble a performance in time for the show. Variety previously reported that Grande did not perform at or even participated in the ceremony because of a disagreement with producers over what songs would be presented.
“I’ve kept my mouth closed but now you’re lying about me. I can draw a performance overnight and you know it, Ken,” she tweeted. “It was when my creativity and self-expression were made by you that I decided not to participate. I hope the show is exactly what you want it to be and more.”
“I offered 3 different songs,” continued she. “It’s about collaboration. It’s about feeling supported. It’s about art and honesty. Not politics. Don’t make favors or play games. It’s just a game, and I’m sorry but that’s not what music is for me . “
Minaj’s comments on Ehrlich will also be on the news that the rapper would no longer participate in the BET Experience Concert in June. Minaj was originally supposed to co-headline the concerts with Cardi B but has since suffered an insult to one of Beth’s Grammy tweets.
“At the same time, Nicki Minaj is pulled off her lace front,” BET tweeted after Cardi B took home a Grammy for best rap album.
In response, Minaj tweeted, “Young Money will no longer be apart of BET Experience or pricing. Summer tours will be released soon.”
Since the announcement, a BET spokesman released a long statement to Pitchfork apologizing for tweets:
“BET “Love Nicki Minaj. We have supported her from the beginning of her career and will continue to do so. Nicki has paved the way for so many artists and has strengthened her position as one of the most powerful figures in the music industry,” the reading says. Respect for Nicki was broken against this post that should never have been written. The post does not reflect how we feel about Nicki. And further, we do not reflect our corporate values. “
” We very much apologize for the evil, disappointment and confusion that this post has caused, “continues the statement.” We are determined to do everything we can to deal with the situation. We also conduct an internal audit to ensure that these types of posts are not published again. We apologize to Nicki and her team. The item has been removed and we have taken further appropriate measures. We understand Nicki’s position and look forward to continuing his dialogue with her. Finally, apologize to all her fans. It should never have happened.
The BET experience concerts will take place June 20-22, followed by the BET prize ceremony on June 23. Cardi B takes place on the 22nd of June concert.