Categories: world

Negative Mass Darkness: Surprising New Theory Can Explain The Universe Is Missing 95% | Astronomy, Physics

The normal cosmological model called LambdaCDM can only explain 5% of the observable universe. The remaining 95% consisted of almost…

The normal cosmological model called LambdaCDM can only explain 5% of the observable universe. The remaining 95% consisted of almost entirely of two invisible components called dark matter and dark energy. But the physical characteristics of these two components are still a mystery. A new study by the University of Oxford researcher Jamie Farnes suggests that both dark phenomena can be combined into a single subject – a negative mass of “dark fluid.” Dr. Farnes theory can also be a prerequisite for Albert Einstein doing 100 years ago.

The current universally recognized model of the universe, called LambdaCDM, tells nothing about what dark matter and dark energy are like physical. We only know about them because of the gravitational effects they have on other observable subjects. Dr. Farnes model offers a new explanation. Image credits: NASA / ESA / M. Livio / Hubble 20th anniversary, STScI.

“I think that both dark matter and dark energy can be combined into a fluid that has a kind of” negative gravity “and rejects all other material around them,” says Dr. Farnes.

“Although this issue is rare for us, it suggests that our cosmos is symmetrical in both positive and negative characteristics.”

The existence of negative matter was previously ruled out as it believed that this material would become less tight when the universe expands, which contradicts our observations that show that dark energy is not thinning over time.

Dr. The theory of farnage, however, applies to a creation tensor that allows negative masses to be continuously created.

It shows that when more and more negative masses constantly blow up, this negative mass of fluid is not diluted during cosmos expansion. In fact, the fluid appears to be identical to the dark energy.

The new theory also gives the first correct predictions of the behavior of dark matter levels.

Most galaxies rotate so quickly that they should tear apart, suggesting that an invisible “halo” of dark matter must hold them together.

Dr. Farnes’s study has a computer simulation of the properties of negative mass that predicts the formation of dark matter halos, just as those derived from observations with modern radio telescopes.

Albert Einstein gave the first hint to the dark universe exactly 100 years since he discovered a parameter in his equations called the cosmological constant, which we now know to be synonymous with dark energy.

Einstein called the cosmological constable famous its greatest disruption, although modern astrophysical observations show that it is a real phenomenon.

In notes dating back to 1918, Einstein described his cosmological constant and wrote that “a modification of the theory is required so that” empty space “takes the role of pregnant negative masses distributed everywhere interstellar space.” It is therefore possible that Einstein itself predicted a negative mass-filled universe.

“Previously approved efforts to combine dark energy and dark matter have sought to modify Einstein’s theory of general relativity, which has proved to be extremely challenging,” says Dr. Farnes.

“The new method takes two old ideas known to be compatible with Einstein’s theory – negative masses and matter creation – and combine them together. “

” The result seems pretty beautiful: dark energy and dark matter can be combined into a single substance, with both effects being simply explainable as the positive mass’s matter of surfing on a sea of ​​negative masses. “

The study was published in the journal Astronomy and Astrophysics (arXiv.org preprint).

_____

JS Farnes et al . 2018. A unifying theory of dark energy and dark matter: Negative masses and matter creation within a modified ΛCDM framework. A & A 620, A92; doi: 10,1051 / 0004-6361 / 201832898 [19659021]
Source link

Share
Published by
Faela