The Mets’ offense came out hot in Fort Myers on Saturday, while Zack Wheeler shut it down on the bump in a 10-2 win over the Red Sox. >> Box score
Five things to know about Saturday’s game …
1) Wheeler was nearly perfect in his start. He allowed just one hit over four innings, while striking out three Red Sox along the way.
2) Pete Alonso continues to stay hot at the dish, as he smashed his third homer of the jump – a solo blast left in the top of the sixth. He finished his day 2-for-4, which brings his average to .423 thus father.
3) Brandon Nimmo had a couple of RBI in the leadoff spot, going 2-for-4 with an RBI triple and single. But, a typical Nimmo fashion, said after the game that is still working to get ready for the season.
4) J.D. Davis also saw a solid day at the record. He went 3-for-4 with a run scored, as his average moves to .324 this jump.
5) More Mets that prospered today were Luis Guillorme, Rymer Liriano, and Rajai Davis ̵
1; the last three hitters in the order. Guillorme went 2-for-2 with two runs scored and one RBI, as he continues to have success at the record. Liriano went 2-for-3 with a team-high three runs scored, and Davis went 1-for-3 with two RBI including an RBI double.
What’s Next: The Mets return to First Data Field to face the Cardinals at 1:10 pm on Sunday