Categories: world

Leicester City owner's helicopter crashes

Image CopyrightLiam Hopkin / @hopkin_liam Image TextsA picture taken outside the King Power stadium tonight Leicester City's owner's helicopter has…

 Leicester City Football Plan

Image Copyright
Liam Hopkin / @hopkin_liam

Image Texts

A picture taken outside the King Power stadium tonight

Leicester City’s owner’s helicopter has crashed on a parking lot outside the club’s ground shortly after taking a match.

It is not known if Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha was in the helicopter at that time.

Leicester City had played West Ham United in the Premier League at his King Power stadium.

Pictures from the ground showed a big fire in the parking lot, which has since been exposed.

  • Live Updates: Leicester City Helicopter Crash

] A spokesman from Leicestershire police said the rescue service had to do with an “after a plane landed in a parking lot behind the ground.”

Leicester City said the club helped police and emergency services and would issue a more detailed statement in [1

9659000] Image copyright

Image texts

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, from Thailand, bought Leicester City 2010

A spokesman for the East Midlands Ambulance Service said they had a call at 20:38 BST for reports of the helicopter crash.

The service has called on members of the public to stay away from the area.

Under Mr Srivaddhanaprabha’s ownership, Leicester City, won the premier in 2016 and started the season as 5,000 / 1 third.

BBC football commentator Ian Stringer said the helicopter was “spiral” and the eyewitnesses said it “came down like a rock”.

He said, “I’ve seen the first team’s backroom staff in tears, the front desk is quiet with people just crying.”

Sky Sports News reporter Rob Dorsett said the helicopter took a distance from the plan, as it does after each game.

He said that after a few seconds he saw that he lost control and crashed into the parking lot just a few hundred yards away.

Image copyright
Rex Properties

Image texts

Smoke was seen from the crash site outside the arena

A witness said that “the tail propeller did not work and put it in a twist.”

Freelance photographer Ryan Brown covered the game and saw the helicopter clear the King Power stadium before it crashed.

He told 5 Live: “Literally, the engine stopped and I turned around, and it did a bit of a whirring noise.”

“It was silent, leaves began spinning and then it was a big blow.” [19659007] He said when he ran to the scene “It was a big fireball” and it appeared that the helicopter had crashed in an industrial park next to the stadium.

Image copyright
Pete White


] The helicopter shortly after having finished this evening

Are you in the area? Do you witness the incident? If it is safe to do so, please email [email protected]

Please use a contact number if you are willing to talk to a BBC journalist. You can also contact us as follows:

  • WhatsApp: +44 7555 173285
  • Tweet: @BBC_HaveYourSay
  • Send photos / videos to [email protected] [19659042] Upload your photos / videos here
  • Text a text message or MMS to 61124 or +44 7624 800 100
  • Read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy
Published by