Categories: world

Kid Rock Fired from Nashville Christmas Parade, May Show Up Anyway – Variety

Kid Rock was fired from his role as grand marshal in Nashville Christmas Parade Friday night after a morning look at "Fox & Friends" where he called Joy Behar a "b-h." However, Associated insists he still plans to lead the parade, started or not. Bryan Lewis, lawyer of Steve Smith, Kid Rock's business partner and "best friend" told Variety Friday night that the controversial artist planned to show up and fulfill his duty as a great Marshal Saturday morning. It is despite the fact that para organizers have already invited James Shaw Jr., aka "The Waffle House Hero" to be a big marshal in his place. Kid Rock "will pop up and will try to participate as a big marshal tomorrow," explained Lewis. But if a local hero, Shaw, has been officially assigned the role in his place, who should Nashville expect to actually go up in the parade? "My best analogy is that there will be a shutdown at the midday," said Lewis. Given the early, ugly start of Saturday's festivities, he addressed himself: "I assume there will be a standoff at 8 am." Lewis said his client, Smith, has given 250,000 dollars a year to the city of the parade in the last two years, since Piedmont took out as a major sponsor. "It's like a shareholder in a company," said Lewis. "Mr. Smith owns 95 percent of the share. The other 5 percent of those holding shares held a closed meeting with the exception of Mr. Smith…

Kid Rock was fired from his role as grand marshal in Nashville Christmas Parade Friday night after a morning look at “Fox & Friends” where he called Joy Behar a “b-h.” However, Associated insists he still plans to lead the parade, started or not.

Bryan Lewis, lawyer of Steve Smith, Kid Rock’s business partner and “best friend” told Variety Friday night that the controversial artist planned to show up and fulfill his duty as a great Marshal Saturday morning. It is despite the fact that para organizers have already invited James Shaw Jr., aka “The Waffle House Hero” to be a big marshal in his place.

Kid Rock “will pop up and will try to participate as a big marshal tomorrow,” explained Lewis. But if a local hero, Shaw, has been officially assigned the role in his place, who should Nashville expect to actually go up in the parade?

“My best analogy is that there will be a shutdown at the midday,” said Lewis. Given the early, ugly start of Saturday’s festivities, he addressed himself: “I assume there will be a standoff at 8 am.”

Lewis said his client, Smith, has given 250,000 dollars a year to the city of the parade in the last two years, since Piedmont took out as a major sponsor. “It’s like a shareholder in a company,” said Lewis. “Mr. Smith owns 95 percent of the share. The other 5 percent of those holding shares held a closed meeting with the exception of Mr. Smith and took a unilateral decision to exclude Kid Rock from the parade. It is our conviction that Mr. Smith as the headmaster is entitled to name the parade “grand marshal”.

Smith is the owner of Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge and several other bars in Nashvilles tour-oriented Lower Broad district – and with his celebrity friend, he is co-owner of a brand new nightspot, Kid Rock’s Big Ass Honky Tonk Rock N & # 39 ; Roll Steakhouse. It was the location of the remote “Fox & Friends” Friday morning which led to a quick excuse from host Steve Doocy.

Blurted the singer at Fox, “God forbids you to say something a little wrong, you are racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, this and another. People need to calm down a bit politically correct … I would say,” love everyone “In addition to saying,” Joy Behar Bra. “” “”

The resulting firestorm led the mayor David Briley’s office to issue a statement: “If Kid Rock is still the big marshal tomorrow, the mayor is inclined to “Freddie Connell was also among those promising to skip the parade if Kid Rock stopped.

A announcement that he was out came late Friday.” The parade organizers feel that the big march should personalize the Nashville community spirit and have invited James Shaw, Jr., who became a community hero after stopping a shoot at a local waffle house earlier this year to be honored, “said organizers

Lewis Berätt Variety considered Smith to file a trial and said: “We do our due diligence and background to pursue a possible legal action against Tennessee Holiday Productions … and other parties involved in the decision today to exclude Kid Rock. “

Kid Rock was unapologically – in addition to the living cussing part – earlier Friday, saying in a statement:” Behar has been an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump, and when myself, Sarah Palin and Ted Nugent visited the White House last year, Behar called it “the boring day in Belarus’s history since the British burned it to the ground in 1814.” Today I said “Screw the joy Behar b-h” Mess with the bull, you get the horns. The end of the story. I apologize for cursing live tv, I do not come for my opinion or expect excuses from her or someone else who has a reputation for me or not like me. God bless America. “

Share
Published by
Faela