Image copyrightReuters Turkey has promised to disclose all details about the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi after Saudi Arabia was…
Turkey has promised to disclose all details about the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi after Saudi Arabia was adopted for the first time he had been killed in his consulate in Istanbul.
“Turkey will never allow cover,” said a government party chairman.
Saudi Arabia proposed Friday Kashoggi, a prominent Saudi critic, had died in a “networking”.
Turkish officials said earlier that he intentionally had been killed inside the consulate and his body dismembered.
Earlier this week, non-named Turkish officials told the media that they had sound and visual evidence to prove this.
Saudi Arabia has come under pressure to explain the disappearance of Khashoggi after he entered Istanbul’s Consulate on October 2 to seek paperwork for his future marriage. Until Friday, it denied knowledge of his place of residence and insisted that he had left the building alive.
Turkish police and prosecutors have sought the consulate and the consulate’s residence this week for evidence of what has evolved. On Friday, they extended their search to a nearby forest, where named officials believe that his body might have been disposed of.
The king says that a battle broke out between Khashoggi, who had fallen in favor of the Saudi government and people who met him in the consulate ̵
1; ended his death.
It is said that investigations are ongoing and so far 18 Saudi nationals have been arrested.
Unnamed: Officials speaking to the Reuters news agency and the New York Times say that the Saudi people did not know where the body was handed over to a “local partner” to dispose of.
In addition to the arrests, two senior officials have been dismissed by the shop-assistant secretary Ahmad al-Assiri and Saud al-Qahtani, senior aide to Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman.
Twiiter / @ suadq1978
Turkish media said earlier this week, they had identified a 15-member call by suspected Saudi agents who flew in and out of Istanbul on the day of disappearance.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan spoke to Saudi Arabia Salman on Friday night and the two agreed to continue cooperating in the investigation.
Analysis by BBC Security Correspondent Frank Gardner
The Saudi leadership will now hope that its delayed admission to Khashoggi died, after all, within its consulate – in combination with a handful of redundancies and arrests – will suffice to draw a line under this deal. It will not.
This is just a first step towards publishing the truth about what really happened. In view of the days of indignant denials of Saudi leadership, it is doubtful that we would have had this far without continued international pressure.
It can only be one of two possible alternatives here: either – so many suspects – the powerful crown prince Mohammed Bin Salman owed or he had lost control of his inner circle, something most observers find hard to believe.
MBS, as he is known, has a huge impact on young patriotic saudis who sees him as a visionary reformer. If this support was to be ebbed, the Crown Prince could find himself independently isolated in court.
President Trump praised the kingdom to act quickly and said that the official statement was “credible”, despite the fact that many US legislators expressed mistrust of the Saudi account.
Trump stressed the importance of Saudi Arabia as a counterweight to Iran in the Middle East and backed against the need for sanctions against the country in the light of the new information that talks about the effect of such a move on the US economy.
Earlier this week he warned of “very serious” consequences if Saudi Arabia was proven to have killed the journalist.
A number of American legislators, including a Republican critic of Saudi senator Lindsey Graham, said they were skeptical about the report about the journalist’s death.
The British Ministry of Foreign Affairs described it as “a terrible act” and said the people behind the killing “must be kept accountable”.
At the same time, Australia is the latest country to announce its withdrawal from an investment meeting in Saudi Arabia later this month – joining a growing boycott that includes the United States, Britain, Dutch and French finance ministers of Khashoggi death.
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte has requested a “thorough investigation” to ensure that “all relevant facts will be clear as soon as possible”.
Hr. Khashoggis engaged Hatice Cengiz questioned in a tweet what had happened to his body and said: “The heart is lurking, the eye tears and with your separation we are sad, my dear Jamal.”