MT. HOLLY, New Jersey (WABC) – The Burlington County Prosecutor's Office has said that it will announce new developments in…
MT. HOLLY, New Jersey (WABC) –
The Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office has said that it will announce new developments in the GoFundMe case on Thursday afternoon.
Prosecutor Scott Coffina said no information will be released before 2 o’clock notice. Published reports say, however, that the couple and the homeless man are accused of making up the whole story.
Last year, a New Jersey couple started the GoFundMe account for Johnny Bobbitt who spent her last $ 20 to buy gas for the woman after she was stranded along the I-95.
Bobbitt says, however, that most of the money did not go to him, but rather was spent by Kate McClure and Mark D & # 39; Amico. The couple denied any mistake in the matter.
The total amount raised would have been $ 360,000 after GoFundMes charges. Bobbitt said he received about $ 75,000 in money, goods and services, claiming that the couple took unnecessary travel and made expensive purchases with the rest.
The couple claimed by their lawyer to give Bobbitt $ 200,000.
A keyword was conducted at Bordentown, New Jersey home for McClure and D & amp; Amico, and a judge ordered the couple to appear in court.
A civil-law case with funds received for a homeless man through the GoFundMe.com website was suspended after the company promised to make good on any missing funds.
The prosecutor’s office, however, announced that the controversy was far from when criminal investigation would continue.
* Follow Us On YouTube
* More Local News
* Send Us A New Tip
* Download the app abc7NY to break news alerts
(Copyright © 2018 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)