Jayme Closs, a teenager who disappeared in Wisconsin in October of October, has been found alive and a suspect has…
Jayme Closs, a teenager who disappeared in Wisconsin in October of October, has become alive and a suspect has been custody, officials said.
3, discovered by Douglas County Sheriff Department, Barron County Sheriff’s Department, which led the search for Closs, wrote on Facebook Thursday.
Douglas County is located approximately 80 miles north of Barron County.
Authorities, who said a suspect was taken into custody shortly after Closs was found, noted that they “have no other details at this time because this is a very fluid and active investigation.”
FLASHBACK: MISSING WISCONSIN TEEN, 13, IS CASE, NOT A RUNAWAY, COPS SAFE, SEARCH INTENSIFIED AFTER PARENTS DEATH
The message, published online around 8 am, came just a few hours after the sheriff’s office wrote in a separate post that Closs was “has NOT been placed – this is false news.”
Closs disappeared on October 15 a Fter her parents were fatally shot at home in Barron County, located about 80 miles northeast of Minneapolis . Autopsies decided the two who died of gunshot wounds and were murdered, and that Closs was inside the home when they were killed.
Local authorities and the FBI launched a survey of her disappearance and said at the time that they believed their teens were kidnapped. “I tell you: Jayme is missing and threatened,” said Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald at a press conference in October.
Before Closs was reported, a mysterious 911 call was missing from her home. The Sheriff’s Department received a 911 call at 12:58 from an unknown person.
The caller did not communicate with the police, but sounds heard in the background suggested a disturbance or battle of some kind. 911 logs released days later showed that the mobile phone to Closs & # 39; mother, 46-year-old Denise Closs, placed the call and that her father, 56-year-old James Closs, responded to the door and was the first to be shot to death.
“No one talked about the conversation and we don’t know who did it. We heard voices but we can’t find out what is being said,” Fitzgerald told Fox News in November. The call was made. “[about19659005] about two weeks after she disappeared, a man identified as Kyle Jaenke-Annis, 32, was arrested for breaking into Closs’s home. He was reportedly identified with two girl tops, underwear and a dress. Barron County officials, however, cleared him for involvement in the 13-year disappearance.
CLICK HERE TO FOX NEWS APP
The Sheriff said earlier that his office got about 25 tips a day about Closs’s disappearance. He had been convinced that Closs lived somewhere.
“I have a bowel that feels like she is still alive,” Fitzgerald said. “I’ve always been a glass-half full guy.”