Categories: world

Jamal Khashoggi's murder was “violently planned”, says Turkish official

Omer Celik, spokesman for the AK Party, told reporters at the party's headquarters in Ankara that the perpetrators should be…

Omer Celik, spokesman for the AK Party, told reporters at the party’s headquarters in Ankara that the perpetrators should be brought before court, according to Turkish state agency Anadolu.

Celik spoke a few hours after CNN published surveillance material that showed what a Turkish source described as a “body double” that left the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on the day of Khashoggi died. The Saudi operator, who, according to the Turkish source, was one of a 15 mans team sent from Saudi Arabia to kill Khashoggi wearing the journalist’s clothes and was picked up on surveillance films in places around Istanbul.

“Jamal Khashoggi was killed a violently planned and a very complicated murder that was covered,” Celik said. “I hope that those responsible for Khashoggi’s death penalty will be punished and no one ever thought of repeating this.”

Erdogan has promised to elaborate on the Turkish position at a party meeting on Tuesday.

Khashoggi, a Washington Post columnist and US resident, was seen last October 2 when he entered the Saudi consulate to get paperwork for marrying say, with his fiancé Hatice Cengiz.

After weeks of denying knowledge about Khashoggi, the visit acknowledged the Saudi government on Friday that he had died in the diplomatic union. The official line is that he was accidentally killed when a discussion with officials became a fighting.

Since then, the Saudi story has continued to evolve. A Saudi source near the royal castle later told CNN that Khas Hoggi had died in a choke team. On Sunday, his Foreign Minister, Adel Al-Jubeir, described his death as a “murder” and a “huge mistake”. Saudi Arabia does not know where Khashoggi’s body is, he told Fox News.

“The people who did this did this beyond their authority,” he said. “It was obviously a huge mistake, and what weakened the mistake was the attempt to cover up. It is unacceptable in any government.”

On a Monday, a Saudi source could not confirm or deny the operation was sent.

Saudi Arabian royals offer condolences

King Salman and his son, Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman, called Khashoggi the son to expressing compassion, Saudi state media reported on Monday.

Kungan called Salah Khashoggi, the Washington Post journalist’s oldest son, to express “his compassion on the family and relatives of the late Jamal Khashoggi,” the state SPA news agency reported. The Crown Prince called to “express his sincere thanks” for the Crown Prince for his thoughts, according to SPA.

Salah Khashoggi, living in Saudi Arabia, has not been able to travel outside Saudi Arabia for several months, as his passport was invalid, according to sources close to the family. Other members of the Khashoggi family, including his former wife and daughter, are currently in Dubai, adding the sources.

The Turkish Turkish fiancee Hatice Cengiz has been placed under 24-hour police protection announced by the Istanbul Governor’s Office on Sunday.

Turkish authorities will interview another 28 consulate members on Monday as part of the investigation, State Transmitter TRT said.

Erdogan and US President Donald Trump discussed Khashoggi’s death during a phone call this weekend, Anadolu reported Monday, promising to “shed light on all aspects” of the incident.

<img alt = “The publisher in Washington Post calls the Saudi Arabian message on Khashoggi a & #


Source link

Share
Published by
Faela