Categories: Gadgets

In iOS you download less apps but you spend more, meanwhile, in Android …

We have already spoken on more than one occasion of the clear differences between the consumption of apps made by…

In iOS you download less apps but you spend more, meanwhile, in Android ...

We have already spoken on more than one occasion of the clear differences between the consumption of apps made by iOS and Android users . All the reports agree that the owners of an iPhone are usuallywithin them, while those of us with an Android smartphone tend to download more but spend less . The clearest example to illustrate the “iOS case” is, which in just the first month raised neither more nor less than 25 million dollars in micropayments.

When we comment on these figures, we always do it based on annual reports that analyze the income of both application stores over the last 365 days. However, in this article we are going to go further thanks to the guys from, who have analyzed how the volume of revenues and downloads has evolved in Google Play and the App Store over the last decade . Do you want to know them? Well, let’s go to the mess.

The report covers from July 2010 to December 2017.

More downloads on Google Play, more revenue on the App Store

In iOS you download less apps but you spend more, meanwhile, in Android ...

In iOS you download less apps but you spend more, meanwhile, in Android ...

We will not go into detail in the figures of the App Store because that is the job of our compis. We will get to the point. Since you have records, In the iOS App Store 30.5 billion apps have been downloaded that have generated neither more nor less than 42.5 billion dollars in revenue . Here we have a relevant data, and that is that the 30.5 billion apps downloaded, which could seem an outrage, actually, represent a modest 30% of total downloads globally . The remaining 70% is for Google Play, although this percentage could be much higher for a simple reason: Google Play is not available in China.

Since Google Play is not available in China, the report does not include the volume of downloads generated there or, evidently, the downloads made through third-party stores such as Aptoide, APKMirror, Uptodown and other services.

The thing changes when we look at the income generated, and that is that Apple is still with most of the cake. Specific, the App Store has generated 66% of global revenue, while Google Play is left with a sad 34% . It is curious that, despite the fact that the App Store has been losing volume of downloads over the years, revenues have not only remained stable, but have increased slightly.

In iOS you download less apps but you spend more, meanwhile, in Android ...

In iOS you download less apps but you spend more, meanwhile, in Android ...

Fewer downloads, more revenue . What is the formula for success? It may be that a moderation of apps more demanding than the one in Google Play, the fact that they generate more income motivates developers to create higher quality apps for iOS, may that piracy in Android remains an outstanding burden to eliminate. The reasons are several, and we do not know them for sure, but the data is the data, and the reality is what it is.

Source :

!

Share
Published by
jack
Tags: gadgets