Huawei’s Mate 20 Pro is here. It’s a high-end flagship phone to go up to the Google Pixel 3 XL and iPhone XS Max, with a price tag of 1049 € (the price of £ 899 in the UK and the equivalent of $ 1,200).
The Chinese answering machine is a big deal, even if it does not match the brand recognition by Samsung or Apple. It is the second largest smartphone manufacturer in the world, behind Samsung, and has made huge expenses for creating beautiful flagship devices.
You may already be familiar with Huawei’s P Series, an impressive range of Android phones updated earlier this year. Now there are year-end Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro.
Here are the coolest new features of Mate 20 Pro :
- Qi compliant wireless phone charging, like in plain English means you can charge an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy phone wirelessly by placing it on a Mate 20 Pro.
- Huawei lets you unlock your phone with your face through a face recognition, similar to an iPhone.
- There is also fingerprint recognition on the screen, which works smoothly in a first run.
- A Leica powered triple camera captures intelligent photography, real-time video filters, and lets you capture beautiful ultrasound and close-ups.
- It’s launched with Android 9 Pie from the box.
- It’s than iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
Business Insider spent a few days with Mate 20 Pro. Here’s what we removed from a first look.