Function is part of Apple’s interference not in sleep mode, preventing messages from appearing on your iPhone’s lock screen when you are going to sleep.
Many users do not realize that you can get the weather forecast displayed on the Lock screen due to the odd way that Apple has implemented the feature. No matter, here’s how you make it work.
- Start the app Settings on your iPhone.
- Press Do not Disturb .
- Make sure the buttons Scheduled and Bedtime are turned on so they are both green.
- You can also set your sleep and wake up schedule here by adjusting From and to times.
- Return to the main setup screen and touch Privacy ].
- Pointing at Location Services .
- Touch Weather in the list of apps.
- Leave Allow Location Access Press Always .
- Exit the Settings app.
With it done next time it’s time to wake up and Bedtime Mode is scheduled to go out, your iPhone will show the usual “Good morning!” message along with today’s weather, including current temperature, weather conditions and forecasts.
To make the forecast disappear from your lock screen, simply press Refuse. To change the temperature range between Celsius and Fahrenheit, start the Weather app and scroll to the bottom of the list of the weather, where you will find the option to do that.
It’s worth noting that when you unlock your iPhone, the weather forecast will disappear for the rest of the day and will not return to the next day when you wake up and access the device after bedtime mode has turned off.
There is no other flexibility in the lock screen weather function, and it does not work unless you allow the Weather app to always access your location data. Hopefully Apple will eventually change it to make it a more useful lock screen widget in a future update to iOS.