Gel nail polish, or ‘forever polish’, is growing more and more popular. Most salons advertise it as a long-lasting gel manicure, which will stay on our nails for 2-3 weeks. No matter, whatever those results are, we do love a pretty cool gel manicure, don’t we? However, women do seem to change their mind too. No wonder, if removing that gel manicure will be another wish. Unluckily, this is a painful process, with your hands in acetone for ages. More so, then there comes the stage ‘scrape your nails-get the gel off-soak again’. Well, why not have a new idea and give it a try? You will be pleasantly surprised and discover easy and painless techniques how to remove gel nail polish!
It’s unbelievable how gel free your nails will be after that. Besides, they will look like with a little solar oil and lotion. Perhaps, even the same as with a new gel manicure!
In fact, big fans of gel polish are misled as clients. This is really not ‘polish’, but ‘enhancement’, that is a thin layer of colored gel. The gel is a pre-mixed acrylic, cured by a UV light for some shiny hard glossy surface. As a result, your nails look like a perfectly polished manicure. On the one hand, it is a perfect fit. On the other hand, being enhancement free and wearing no acrylic, gels, wraps, or any type of enhancements is also a pride. Those women pay for weekly/bi-weekly manicures, truly caring about nail health and beauty. If you belong to the latter, skip the gel polish as soon as possible with the following method. At the salon, they definitely charge extra for removing gel polish. Furthermore, they’ll damage your nails, as an electric file is used for speeding and easing the process. Save money and your nails!
1. Take a coarse grit file and operate the surface of your polished nails.
2. Soak cotton balls in pure acetone.
3. Place those balls on your nails, then wrap each nail with aluminum foil.
4. Let them sit for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the foil and cotton, and gently scrape every nail with the help of a cuticle pusher.
6. Remove anything left, either with the block buffer, or your fine grit file.
7. Apply some cuticle oil onto your entire nail bed + skin around the nail. Let it soak in for a couple of hours before re-polishing.
So if you still want your nails to breathe and look healthy, here is the last proven way to get rid of such firstly beloved thing as gel nail polish.
No matter which method you are going to choose, your nails may feel a little rough after removing. So, just buff and file the nails smooth. Lastly, you can paint them with some strengthening polish to help them recover!