The Chinese firm presented just a few days ago the new Xiaomi Mi 8, along with the new version of the software layer, MIUI 10. Well, thanks to some leaks, we can install MIUI 10 already in some of the most prominent mobile phones, such as the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 / 2S, Mi 6, and Redmi Note 5.
After the presentation, we had the opportunity to learn about Xiaomi the list of terminals that will be updated to the new version of the software, and it must be recognized that the list is quite extensive.
So you can install MIUI 10 in these terminals
Although there will still be a wait for the global version of the MIUI 10 beta, several of the ROMs that offer MIUI 10 have been leaked, precisely in the telephones that we have previously said, which are the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 / My Mix 2S , Xiaomi Mi 6 , Y Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 .
Although it’s the Chinese ROM of MIUI 10 , we always have the opportunity to change the language to Spanish later, at least to English, to be able to enjoy all the novelties offered by the new version of the Xiaomi layer, which offers many of the functions of Android P .
Obviously, we would not tell you all this if we could not install the Google Apps once the ROM of the Chinese beta is loaded, according to XDA Developers. The steps that we must follow for this are the following:
- Prepare ADB on your computer and fastboot
- Connect the mobile to your PC
- Download the correct version of TWRP for your mobile:
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi 6
- TWRP for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download the Google apps from here .
- Download the ROM of MIUI 10 for your mobile:
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi 6
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Copy the ROM and the Gapps to your phone
- Now restart to fastboot mode
- From the computer enter the following command “fastboot boot recovery /directory/to/twrp.img” Here we replace “directory” with the address where the file is located on our mobile.
- Now we start TWRP in the mobile we press on Wipe and do a “factory reset”, something necessary if we come from a global ROM
- Now all that remains is to click on “install” and select both downloaded ROM and Google Apps. Slide to install and go.
- We restart and we can enjoy MIUI 10 .
To keep up-to-date with the news of the MIUI scene, do not forget to visit the mobile forum Xiaomi in Movilzona .