Learning how to get rid of cold sores is what each of us needs from time to time. Many companies convince us in their magic ointments, but the key thing here is to find out much simpler and elementary first-aid remedies. It turns out to be more effective, than all those commercial promises. One should really understand what cold sores are, along with their causes and prevention. Once you find them out, you will be always armed with proven methods which work and, thus, get the best results overnight.
1. The main reason of cold sore events and those fever blister outbreaks is either type 1 or type 2 Herpes Simplex Virus. But it’s always activated by stress, weakened immunity, cold, excessive sun exposure, and so more triggers.
2. Nearly 90% of the globe population is affected by it. As you can see, this is a common condition. Cold sores live near the original infection area in our nerve fibers for a lifetime.
3. Normally, the virus is latent, causing no problems. On the one hand, 34% of infected individuals never experience 1 cold sore. On the other hand, 66% usually get more than 1 cold sore a year.
4. Cold sores are not only contagious, but rather durable, lasting for 7-14 days.
5. Any attempts to camouflage your cold sore only aggravate the problem.
6. Healing speed varies from person to person. It depends on your physical condition, activity levels and necessary nutrients from the diet.
Follow the above suggestions. Perhaps, that 3-step procedure is enough for you. If not, experiment with more varied ways to heal your cold sore outbreaks.
Now you know everything about how to get rid of cold sores, for giving you the relief faster than you ever believed possible! By the way, there is a joke: “What is common between a cold sore and a brother-in-law coming from out-of-town for a week? Actually, you cannot dispose of either of them easily; so you usually have to wait till they go away.” But this is not about your cold sores anymore.