People who knew Bourke Street attacker Hassan Khalif Shire Ali say he is suffering from malnutrition and abuse issues in…
People who knew Bourke Street attacker Hassan Khalif Shire Ali say he is suffering from malnutrition and abuse issues in connection with the terrorist attacks in central Melbourne on Friday, and thought he was hunted by “unsaved people with spears”.
The Victoria police have also confirmed that two victims of the Shire Ali attack in Melbourne are in a stable condition and recover, as tribute continues to flow into the cafeteria Sisto Malaspina, 74, who was killed on Friday afternoon.
The Bourke Street attacker drove a 4
5;4 vehicle loaded with gas bottles in downtown Melbourne, ignited the vehicle in a flame ball and then stabbed three people. Shire Ali was shot by police and later killed in hospital.
Shire Ali came to Australia from Somalia in the 1990s. He had his passport canceled in 2015 but was not actively supervised before the attack, police said.
Isse Musse, an imam who was a friend of Shire Ali’s family, told the age of Saturday that Shire Ali had become increasingly “stunned” out of his family and paranoid.
“[He was] complains that he was chased by invisible people with spears,” said Musse. “They do not know if he is taking drugs or what.”
Musse, who was close to Shire Ali’s family but not Shire Ali himself, said it seemed that human life had “spun out of control”.
He said that the attacker, 30, had participated in his mosque “many years ago, when he was eleven years old or so,” but had not participated in the next 20 years.
On Saturday and Sunday, more information was also revealed about the other two victims of Shire Ali’s attack.
Rod Patterson, 58, suffered head injury on Friday and underwent surgery at the hospital during the weekend.
On Saturday he sent a photo of himself in his hospital
Patterson, a businessman and former president of the South Launceston football club, has been promised by members of his society, as well as the Tasmanian premier Will Hodgman.
Will Hodgman MP
(@ WillHodgman)  Our thoughts are with a brave Tasmanian, Rod Patterson, his family a nd friends. A nicer block you would not meet. It is not surprising that he would go in to help others. We all wish him well.
The second victim was identified as a 24-year security guard working for SecureCorp.
A spokesman from SecureCorp confirmed the age that an employee of their hats had been snapped in the neck but said he was in a stable condition.
One of those who belonged to the attack, called “Trolley Man” for their actions to help stop Shire Ali, has also been identified.
Two-way combination of caretaker and chairman two civilians who helped the Melbourne attack on Bourke Street. Photo: Twitter
Michael Rogers, a 46-year-old homeless man, was interviewed by Channel 7 and told a reporter that he was “no hero.”
“I threw the cart right against him, and I got him,” he said. “However, I did not really understand him. I’m not a hero.”
Testimonies capture the Melbourne attack when it’s playing – video