Google CEO Sundar Pichai sent an internal email on Tuesday with an employment performance scheduled for Thursday in the wake…
Google GOOGL’s CEO Sundar Pichai sent an internal email on Tuesday with a job performance scheduled for Thursday in the wake of a bombshell New York Times report on sexual misconduct at the company, says a source CNBC.
Pichai’s note, previously achieved by Axios, follows a message he sent to staff last week, stating that the company had made changes in recent years to take an increasingly tough line of inappropriate behavior at work and had fired 48 people, including 13 senior managers in the last two years without a parcel.
In its latest memo, Pichai clarifies that the company had not also issued a package of employees to employees who died while investigating allegations of sexual harassment.
The original New York Times report claimed that Google gave former Android leader Andy Rubin a $ 90 million exit package, despite sexual allegations claiming credible to him (Rubin denied irregularities through a spokesman on and on Twitter).
Richard DeVaul, another of the employees named by the Times, has shown inappropriate behavior, resigned earlier on Tuesday.
In view of Times reporting on how Google shielded some of its executives, a team of employees organizes a trip to Thursday. Pichai said in his latest note that Google’s Managing Director of Human Operations, Eileen Naughton, would ensure that the managers “were aware of the activities scheduled for Thursday” and that employees would have the “support” they needed.
Pichai also said in his memo that he had heard from many employees, some of which raised “constructive ideas” to improve Google’s processes and policies about sexual misconduct and that the company would take action on some of them. He also said it was clear that the excuse from an earlier meeting in all hands was insufficient and he repeated that he was “deeply sad” that previous actions had “caused pain”.
More from CNBC