Fox News host Tucker Carlson was at his desk Wednesday night, less than two hours before his 8 pm live…
Fox News host Tucker Carlson was at his desk Wednesday night, less than two hours before his 8 pm live show, when he suddenly began receiving several text messages.
Something of rebellion happened outside his home in Northwest D.C.
“I called my wife,” Carlson told Washington Post in a telephone interview. “She had been in the kitchen alone and was ready to go for dinner and she heard dunking on the front door and yelling… Someone began to throw themselves toward the front door and actually cracked the front door.”
His wife thought it was a home invasion, locked in the pantry and called 91
1, said Carlson. The couple has four children, but no one was home at the time.
But it was not a home invasion. It was a protest.
According to the now-removed social media shared by Smash Racism DC, a local anti-faction organization whose members have been tied to other demonstrations against prominent Republican figures revealed outside of Carlson’s home on Wednesday and they had a message to him.
“Tucker Carlson, We’re Out Of Your Home,” could a person be heard in the then deleted video. The person who used a bullhorn accused Carlson of “promoting hatred” and “an ideology that has led to the death of thousands of people.”
“We want you to know, we know where you sleep at night”, the person finished before we led the group to sing, “Tucker Carlson, we will fight! We know where you sleep at night!”
] About 20 people had gathered outside of Carlson’s residence, “said Jon Pongratz with the Metropolitan Police Department of DC Authorities received a call at approximately 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and answered “Within minutes”, told Pongratz Posten.
Carlson said that the protesters had blocked both sides of his street and carried signs that noted his home address. The group called Carlson a “racist scumbag” and demanded that he “left the city”, according to posts on Twitter. One woman also heard in one of the deleted videos saying she wanted to “take a mess of bombs” to her house, he said.
“It was not a protest. It was a threat,” said Carlson, who is often criticized by critics, especially liberal critics, for inflammatory rhetoric on immigrants and minorities on his Fox News show. “They were” They did not protest on something specific as I had said. They did not ask me to change anything. They did not protest against a policy or advocated legislation. They threatened me and my family and told me to leave my own neighborhood in the city I grew up in. “
He added that he still does not know who was behind the protest but plans to find out.
On Twitter, Smash Racism accused DC Carlson of spreading “fear in our homes.” Every night, he specifically questioned his comments about migrating caravan.
“Tonight, you’re reminded that we have a voice”, a now-removed tweet read. “Tonight, we remind you that you’re not sure either.”
The host’s address, as well as the addresses of his brother and good friend Neil Patel, with which he founded the conservative media site, Daily Caller, was divided into tweets from Smash Racism DC’s account.
In a Facebook record that included video of the collection, the group wrote: “Fascists are vulnerable. Confront them in their home! “
After backlash and news reports, Twitter removed the problematic tweets and suspended the group’s account early Thursday morning. The Facebook video was also taken down, but the page is still up. A request for comments on the Facebook page of the group at the start of Thursday has not been returned. .
The hours after the protesters spread, the police were still stationed near Carlson’s home, said Pongratz to add the block will be under “special attention” for “as long as needed.” “
” We will keep track of the block and area due to the previous disturbance to ensure that nothing escalates, “he said, and noted that the increased security was a decision by the police.” We wanted to make sure it was sure … if they came back. “
The protest and doxxing’s news, revealing personal information on the Internet, led to widespread condemnation by not just conservative leaning journalists or fox News Personals, but also media members critical of Carlson.
Megyn Kelly, the former Fox News personality allegedly spoken in concluded talks with NBC, called the demonstration “power swing.”
“This has to end,” Kelly tweeted share a video of demonstrators. “Who are we? What are we getting? @TuckerCarlson is tough and can handle a lot, but he does not deserve this. His family does not deserve this. “
Red News-Chief Political Analyst Brit Hume forced it as” outrageous and scary. “Daily Wire reporter Amanda Prestigiacomo tweeted ” that the protesters were “Cowards” to go to Carlson’s home while losing his show. SE Cupp, a CNN host, wrote on Twitter that activists actions were not “okay” and added: “Do not do this.”
The Washington Post title Max Boot, who has been critical of Carlson also spoke against the protest.
“I think Tucker is a terrible influence on modern America, but it does not motivate to shock him at home, “Boot tweeted .” Go high, not low. “
In his nightly newsletter, CNN’s Brian Stelter held a passage to the protest entitled” Tucker Carlson does not deserve this. “Likewise shared screenshots of the Twitter newsletter.
” You can love or hate Fox’s Tucker Carlson, but we should all see that this demonstration behavior is wrong, “reads the newsletter. The reply from Kelly and Boot wrote Stelter: “I agree. Get a permit for protest outside Carlson’s office if you want. But does not sing “We know where you sleep at night outside of his home.”
Carlson, a longtime resident of DC, said he went to ‘great efforts’ to keep his home address privately because of his family, who were all ‘very upset’ of the protesters. He added that he loves his home and neighborhood and does not want to move.
“They’re thinking about Northwest DC as a calm haven where they know everyone and everyone is nice, “he said.” They think of this as the biggest place in the world. “
Carlson is now worried about leaving his family alone at home.
” How can you go out for dinner and leave the children at home at this time? “he said.” If they talk about pipe bombs … how do you live then? “
He added that he also does not know what to do to check the post. In October, bomb bombs were sent across the country to high-performance critics by President Trump.
” I will probably not open another package sent to our house From now on, “said Carlson.
Wednesday’s events are the latest in a skeleton of harassment aimed at prominent politicians and media providers, ranging from being excited in restaurants to receiving packages containing explosive devices.  Carlson said that this time did not go until, but it was too far. “
” I do not think I should be threatened in our house, “he said. “I think I’ll fight back, and I’m planning.”
He added, “I will not be bullied and scared.”
More from Morning Mix:
How CNN’s Jim Acosta became reporter Trump loves to hat
A Brooklyn crash killed two toddlers. Now the driver is dead in an apparent suicide.
A 69-year-old man asks to be declared 49, claiming that the age is as fluid as gender