Next major patch for Bethesda’s multiplayer RPG Fallout 76 will be coming soon, and now Developer Bethesda has posted the full fixation instructions for the December 4th update.
As announced earlier, this patch will increase the maximum stash storage to 600 pounds, and it could expand further down the road, Bethesda said. The update also introduces stability improvements to the Fallout 76 client and servers, which in turn should lead to a better overall experience.
In terms of balance changes, the Fallout 76 patch causes managers to fall 2-4 posts per boss (depending on difficulty and level), while gun damage has increased by 20 percent “across the board” so it sounds as if you feel more powerful with this update.
In the case of bug fixes on the console, Bethesda has solved a problem that could lead to an infinite charge screen when the players logged out of the console while they played the game. And on Xbox One specifically, the fix file handles a crash scenario for a specific situation related to team invitations. There are also user interfaces, survival, and Perk changes in this update. You can view the complete corrections below, as published by Bethesda on their website.
Fallout 76 was launched in mid-November, and while it may not have been a hit with critics, the game quickly reached “million” players. The game is underperforming GameStops expectations, but it does not necessarily mean that the game goes bad.
The December 4th update for Fallout 76 will not be the last one, because Bethesda is planning another for December 11, while the developer’s overall plans to support the game in the coming years.
- Performance: PC sequences are again unavailable. Achieving very high framerates, however, no longer leads to an increase in the travel speed.
- Stability: Fallout 76 game client and servers have gained additional stability improvements.
CAMP, CRAFTING AND WORKSHOPS
- Stash: Maximum stash storage has been increased by 50% to 600 pounds. This is a conservative adjustment, and we plan to further increase the storage cup in the future when we have verified this change does not affect the stability of the game.
- Enemies: XP rewards for killing high-level creatures have been reduced.
- Bosses: Fixed a problem affecting instanced boss loot. Players should now be entitled to 2-4 things per boss, depending on the difficulty and the level of the game.
- Weapons: Automatic weapon damage has been increased by about 20% across the board.
- Weapon Effects: Hitting Another player with a Cryolator now applies a Chilled, Frosted or Frost Status based on how many times they are hit. The duration of speed reductions applied by these effects has decreased significantly.
STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE
- Console: Fixed a problem that may cause the player to encounter an infinite charging screen when signing out a console account while playing Fallout 76.
- Xbox: Addressed a crash that may occur when you submit multiple team invitations immediately after leaving Vault 76 to a non-friend player.
- Power Armor: Fixed A Problem
- Nuke Silos: Flipboards Inside Nuke Silos no longer show parts of launch codes for a short time after the codes were restored for the week.
CAMP, WORKSHOPS, AND CRAFTING
- CAMP: Moving CAMP sites will now move freestanding items built by the player to the built-up tab.
- Workshops: On the PS4, the wires will no longer flow in the air when trying to connect two or more objects.
- Tower: Will no longer be invisible if the player is not present at his CAMP when their towers are destroyed.
- Perk Card: Ranking of a Perk Card will no longer cause a duplicate card to appear.
- Team: A problem that can prevent a team from being properly formed in a game world after creating the team in the main menu when both players use new characters.
- Team: Social reporting notice time has decreased when many messages are ongoing.
- Mutations: The electrically charged and unstable isotope mutations no longer give the player bonus health.
USER INTERFACE  AFK: Players will now be disconnected from a game world after 10 minutes of inactivity and will be asked for an hour 1 minute before kicking.
- Atomic Shop: On the computer, the cursor position will no longer be uneven from click in the Atomic Shop while using 16:10 resolutions.
- Enemies: Red Crosshairs and the enemy’s health bars will no longer be left on screen when an enemy is no longer in sight.
- Location: Texting will now be displayed correctly and English voiceover will play, for game clients in languages that do not have their own localized voiceover when listening to a Holotape or interacting with robots.
- Pip-Boy: Fixed a problem that could cause duplicate data displayed in Pip Boy’s Stat and Effects interface.
- Respawn: Dying when it’s hard overloaded no longer removes all map markers when trying to respawn. Instead, the player can now respond to the nearest detected Map Marker.
- Quest Tracker: Quest objective messages are no longer displayed for inactive Quests right after connecting to a world.