Everything you need to know about dry hair …
Hair plays an important role in your beauty. It frames your face and can show off your personality as well as your style. Nobody enjoys the look or feel of dry, brittle, damaged hair. When the health of your hair suddenly turns and makes brittle, and straw-like, your focus immediately turns to diagnose the hair problem. In this article, we share all-too-common causes of damaged and dry hair—plus, quick and easy fixes to help keep bad hair days a thing of the past. We also discover how to ditch your dry hair for soft, smooth, nourished and healthy-looking hair.
Cause || Symptoms || Home remedies
There are three layers of each hair, namely :
- The medulla:- It’s the inner fiber layer of the hair.
- The cortex:- It’s the middle layer of a hair. It surrounds the medulla.
- The cuticle:- It’s the outer layer of the hair that protects the hair from damage.
A hair becomes dry and loses its shine when the cuticle of the hair gets damaged. Ther other symptoms of dry hair are including brittle hair, split ends, breakage, itchy scalp and no elasticity.
What causes dry hair?
Dry and damaged hair can be caused by a number of factors including :
- Excessive hair wash
- Contact with chlorinated water
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Excessive sun exposure
- Use of styling products and tools
Dry and brittle hair can also cause some medication, hormone abnormalities, and genetics. The damaged hair can lead to premature hair breakage and loss.
What does dry hair look like?
Dry and damaged hair rough to touch. It has stray hairs. When you look in the mirror, its split ends may be visible. You may see or feel an itchy scalp and dandruff on your hair. You might also notice the hair fall problem.
How to care dry and damaged hair?
You can care about your hair by :
- Before going to bed, massage your hair for a few minutes daily.
- Wash your hair well with a mild shampoo 2 times a week.
- Before going to the sun, wear a hat.
- Avoid excessive use of heating tools.
- Use satin pillowcases when sleeping.
- Sleep 6 to 8 hours daily.
- Reduce stress.
How to repair damaged hair?
- Eat Amla daily. Amla is a rich anti-oxidant and full of Vitamin-C. It eliminates toxins from your body and helps to reduce dry hair. It also increases our immune system and promotes hair growth and improve pigmentation of hair.
- Apply the lime juice on your scalp. Lemon is full of Vitamin C and Vitamin B. It contains citric acid, so acetic in nature. It helps to reduce many hair problems, such as hair lice, gray hair, dandruff etc.
- Use aloe vera mask. Aloe vera hair mask helps you to make a natural treatment for damaged hair and make your hair soft and smooth.
- Apply olive oil on your scalp. Olive oil is one of the healthiest ingredients of the Mediterranean diet. This oil is a rich source of antioxidant and fatty acid. It’s good for damaged hairs. It heals the damaged layers by sealing the cuticle with moisture. It also protects the hair from further damage.