Conor McGregor will not be in Las Vegas next week as expected. The UFC team's team team asked for a…
Conor McGregor will not be in Las Vegas next week as expected.
The UFC team’s team team asked for a continuation in its Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) case in relation to the UFC 229 after fighting, sources told MMA Fighting on Tuesday. Therefore, McGregor will not be at the NAC meeting for disciplinary hearing Monday, and his potential sanction will not be discussed.
It is unclear at this time when McGregor’s case will be heard. Commission granting a continuation is a common occurrence, especially in high-profile cases.
McGregor’s status with NAC is part of when he could return to the UFC. He is facing a suspension and good from the Commission.
As of Tuesday, Khabib Nurmagomedov’s disciplinary hearing remains on Monday. But sources said Nurmagomedov is unlikely to attend the Las Vegas meeting. Sources said that a continuation is still possible, as well as a form of settlement agreement, which has become a regular protocol for NAC over the past year plus.
The commission currently holds half of Nurmagomedov’s guaranteed $ 2 million purse pending his case has been completed.
Both UFC stars face sanctions as a result of their UFC 229 roles after the match fight October 6 at the T-Mobile Arena. Nurmagomedov climbed out of Octagon after his fourth round dispatch victory over Conor McGregor to attack McGregor’s cornerman Dillon Danis after Danis eaten him.
McGregor climbed in the meantime to the top of the cage near where the meleen had been lit and was met by Nurmagomedov’s training partner Abubakar Nurmagomedov. McGregor threw a stop at Abubakar Nurmagomedov and a shot inside the cage followed, with Nurmagomedov’s teammates Zubaira Tukhugov and Esedulla Emiragaev in. Tukhugov and McGregor swapped out, while Emiragaev landed a strike on McGregor’s back.
Danis, Tukhugov and Abubakar Nurmagomedov are all temporarily temporary by the Nevada Commission, waiting for their own disciplinary interrogation.
NAC has investigated the incident since October, including the display of film material given to the UFC authority.
Last month, McGregor and Nurmagomedov had extended their temporary suspensions until their disciplinary interrogation. At that meeting, NAC chairman Anthony Marnell III said that he expected both McGregor and Nurmagomedov to be in Las Vegas for their hearings in person.
NAC Executive Director Bob Bennett declined the views and said that the agenda for next week’s meeting is expected to be published on the Commission’s website Tuesday evening. A call placed to a McGregor representative was not immediately returned to MMA Fighting.