An exchange of fire broke out during an Israeli military operation in the Gaza Strip on Sunday, which led to…
An exchange of fire broke out during an Israeli military operation in the Gaza Strip on Sunday, which led to the death of six Palestinians, officials said, while potentially dying hope hoped that a new agreement would restore calm.
Fawzi Barhoum, a spokesman for Hamas, the Islamic movement that runs the blocked Gaza Strip, condemned a “fiery Israeli attack”.
After the clashes, sirens in southern Israel were declared indicating possible rocket fire from the Gaza Strip.
Two launches from Gaza against Israel were confirmed and both were intercepted by Israeli missiles defense, the army said.
Details still emerged from the incident that Palestinian officials said occurred to the east of Khan Yunis in the southern Gaza Strip.
Gaza Health Ministry said six Palestinians were killed.
The dead were a local commander of Hamas armed wing, the Ezzedin al-Qassam brigades, said the brigades in a statement.
Israel’s army had not provided details, but said all its soldiers had returned.
Israeli military spokesman Jonathan Conricus said on Twitter that the army “who worked in Gaza, exchanged firearms,” said the Israeli military. “During the Israeli military operation in the Gaza Strip, an exchange of fire was developed.” followed. “
” All IDF soldiers returned to Israel. “He wrote, referring to the Israeli Armed Forces.” Several alarms have caused southern Israel. “
Hamas armed wing claimed that an Israeli special regime was infiltrated near Khan Yunis in a
Israel’s military had
A land operation within the Gaza Strip would be rare and probably significantly increase tension.
– “Protective Money” –
Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman
The collapse comes after months of lethal concern along Gaza-Israel border seemed calm.
The last weeks have seen Israeli decisions to allow Qatar to provide the Gaza Strip with millions of dollars in support of wages and fuel to facilitate an electric rice.
Netanyahu had previously defended his decision to allow Qatar to transfer money to Gaza despite criticism from his own government during the trip and said he would avoid a war unless it was necessary.
“I do what I can, in coordination with the security establishment, to return quietly to the southern communities, but also to prevent a humanitarian crisis,” Netanyahu said late on Saturday, referring to Israeli cities near the Gaza border and worsened conditions in the enclave.
Naftali Bennett, Netanyahu education secretary and right-winger compared cash flow to “protection money”
Lieberman said he had opposed to “transfer money to Hamas”.
Israel and Palestinian militants in Gaza have fought three wars since 2008, and the last months of concern have caused fear of a fourth.
Deadly conflicts have followed major protests along the Gaza-Israel border that began on March 30.
At least 227 Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire, the majority protests and conflicts, since the demonstrations began, while others died in fires or air attacks.
An Israeli soldier has been killed along the Gaza border during that time.
On Friday, Palestinian officials began to receive payments after months of sporadic wage payments in Gaza cash, with $ 15 million being delivered in the enclave via Israel in Qatar suitcases.
A total of $ 90 million is to be distributed at six monthly interest rates, the Gaza authorities said primarily to cover salaries for officials working for Hamas.
Qatar has also said that it would give $ 100 to each of 50,000 poor families, as well as larger sums of Palestinians injured in conflicts along the Gaza-Israel border.
The Gulf Islands have also begun bu Ying extra fuel for Gaza’s only power plant, allowing outbreaks to be reduced to its lowest level this year.
The mother of Nour Baraka, a commander of Hamas armed wing, the Ezzedin al-Qassam brigades killed during an Israeli operation on Khan Younis in the Gaza Strip, is responding to a hospital tomorrow where his body was transported November 11, 2018