All cable companies have a way of getting under our skin, but Charter may be the best in the business. On Monday, the Asheville Citizen Times was among the first to report that Charter will raise rates for Spectrum TV customers starting next month. For customers with “a full suite of Spectrum services,” that could total $ 7.61 a month.
“We have notified customers and franchise officials that start in November, the rates for some spectrum services and equipment are being adjusted,” Charter told the Citizen Times .
The new rates will affect all markets $ 19.95 / month.
- Spectrum receivers will increase from $ 6.99 to $ 7.50 / month.
- Increase from $ 54.99 to $ 59.99 / month for Spectrum Internet for customers who subscribe to Spectrum TV.
- Increase from $ 64.99 to $ 65.99 / month for Spectrum Internet for customers who do not subscribe to Spectrum TV.
- Digital adapters will increase from $ 4.99 to $ 5.99 / month.
- An a la carte Latino TV channel package will increase from $ 7.99 to $ 8.99 /month.
“The price of Spectrum Internet reflects the dramatically faster speeds and investments we have made in reliability and quality, “said Michel.” Earlier this year, we doubled the starting download speed of Spectrum Internet from 1
00 to 200 megabits p is second. Lastly, our receivers are still comparable or lower in price than our major competitors. ”
As Ars Technica notes in its report, Charter covers more than 26 million customers in 41 states. Selv om ikke alle disse kunder bruger Charter-tjenester eksklusivt, vil prisen på hvert enkelt charter, enten det er så lite som et par ekstra dollar om året eller muligens over $ 90, så det er tilfellet for de som bruker alle Charters tjenester. De under kontrakt med salgsfremmende prissætning vil ikke blive berørt, før forfremmelsen løber.