Avocado Soup with Citrus-Shrimp Relish is a unique easy-to-make western meal that can be served with vegetable salad, and it’s a low calories/low fat meal.
The Ingredients listed below equal to four servings.
- Two tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro.
- One teaspoon of grated lemon rind.
- One teaspoon of finely chopped red onion.
- One teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- 227 g of peeled and deveined medium shrimp, steamed and coarsely chopped.
- Two cups of fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth.
- One and 3/4 cups of hopped avocado (about 2).
- One cup of water.
- One cup of rinsed and drained canned navy beans.
- Half a cup of fat-free plain yogurt.
- One and a half tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- Quarter a teaspoon of salt.
- Quarter a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Quarter a teaspoon of hot pepper sauce.
- One small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped.
- Quarter a cup of crumbled fresco cheese.
Preparation and cooking instructions
- Mix the cilantro, lemon rind, rind onion, olive oil, and shrimp together in a big bowl and but it aside.
- Put the chicken broth, chopped avocado, water, fat-free yogurt, fresh lemon juice, beans, salt, black pepper, hot pepper sauce, chopped jalapeños, and crumbled fresco cheese in the blender and mix them well.
- Ladle one and quarter cups avocado mixture into each of four bowls; top each serving with quarter a cup of shrimp mixture and one tablespoon of cheese.
- The delicious meal is ready to be served.