Categories: world

Archdiocese apologies for Michigan priest to condemn teenager who killed himself

Breaking News Emails Get deleted news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered everyday mornings. SUBSCRIBE Dec. 17, 2018 / 9:07 PM GMT By Minyvonne Burke Archbishop Detroit said that a priest can no longer speak at funerals after he ravaged the family of a teenager who killed himself by questioning a sermon whether the boy had been granted God's forgiveness in his afterlife. Rev. Don LaCuesta's homily at the 8th of December the funeral of Maison Hullibarger, 1 8, who died December 4, has given birth to the youth family. According to teenage father Jeff Hullibarger, LaCuesta condemned her son instead of celebrating her life, The Detroit Free Press reports. In a copy of the homily released Monday by Archbishop, LaCuesta told the sorrows Christians believe "the salvation belongs to Jesus Christ" and "there is hope for eternity even for those who take their own lives." "I have said that we should not call what is bad, wrong. Because we are Christians, we must say that we know is the truth – taking your own life is against God who made us and against Everyone who loves us, he said. Maison Hullibarger via WDIV LaCuesta continued to tell family and friends that people can not do what they want with their lives. "The suicide's finalism makes this worse. You can not do things again, "he said. Hullibarger told the Detroit Free Press that he asked LaCuesta to stop talking d for the funeral, but the…

Breaking News Emails

Get deleted news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered everyday mornings.

By Minyvonne Burke

Archbishop Detroit said that a priest can no longer speak at funerals after he ravaged the family of a teenager who killed himself by questioning a sermon whether the boy had been granted God’s forgiveness in his afterlife.

Rev. Don LaCuesta’s homily at the 8th of December the funeral of Maison Hullibarger, 1

8, who died December 4, has given birth to the youth family. According to teenage father Jeff Hullibarger, LaCuesta condemned her son instead of celebrating her life, The Detroit Free Press reports.

In a copy of the homily released Monday by Archbishop, LaCuesta told the sorrows Christians believe “the salvation belongs to Jesus Christ” and “there is hope for eternity even for those who take their own lives.”

“I have said that we should not call what is bad, wrong. Because we are Christians, we must say that we know is the truth – taking your own life is against God who made us and against Everyone who loves us, he said.

Maison Hullibarger via WDIV

LaCuesta continued to tell family and friends that people can not do what they want with their lives.

“The suicide’s finalism makes this worse. You can not do things again, “he said.

Hullibarger told the Detroit Free Press that he asked LaCuesta to stop talking d for the funeral, but the priest continued to” tell everyone what he thought of suicide. “

Hullibarger saying that some people were so upset about the sermon, they left the room in tears. NBC News to the family for comment was not immediately found.

After the backslash, the Isbishop of Detroit said in a statement that LaCuesta does not preach at funerals under the “foreseeable the future “and must have all other homies reassessed by another priest.

” Unfortunately, he did not show appropriate sensitivity to the situation. Therefore, he accepts our help to address the problem, “said a spokesman.

Suicide has long been a controversial topic in Catholicism. A spokesman for the isbic of Detroit told NBC News that it is a” complex “subject and points on catechism in the Catholic Church teaching, which in part says suicide “opposes the natural inclination of man to preserve and continue his life” but says that “people would” not despair eternal salvation “for someone who dies of suicide.

LaCuesta’s remarks were not the only one who disturbed the family. Jeff Hullibarger told the Detroit Free Press that his son’s college football coach Jeff Wood – as they accused of bullying kids on the team – showed the funeral when they told him he would not come.

When Wood kicked out of service he said he had been exposed to the sad family on Facebook and said they blamed him for the teenage year s suicide.

“I’m your kidding guy. This is how society is when things do not go as planned. others for our own shortcomings, “wrote Wood, according to Toledo Blade, who noted the post was later erased.

The Chief of Bedford Public Schools, where Wood worked for 11 years, responded to the post in a statement if its website says the coach was” not longer connected in any way with the Bedford football program. “

Share
Published by
Faela