This mother’s day take time to admire the privileges of having an Egyptian mother. Mothers come in all shapes and…
This mother’s day take time to admire the privileges of having an Egyptian mother. Mothers come in all shapes and sizes. But when, you happen to land in an Egyptian mother hands at birth, there’s no escaping from her fixed set of beliefs and bringing up techniques. No matter which background she comes from. There is this Egyptian Mothers Manifesto. It’s not written, she doesn’t learn it at school, but somehow it’s an implicit agreement between all mothers of Egypt. Here are seven signs that you definitely have been raised by an Egyptian mother:
1. She knows what you did, what you’re doing, and what you will do. She knows when what where and why. Your mother has her own special private spy often referred to as “the bird”, and yah man, she does know it all. When this belief haunts you, you find it impossible to ever think of lying to your mom, as she will always know the truth. Though, if you’re a little rat, this fact will challenge your little dirty mind to come up with a complete neat lie.
2. Your mom raised you up to a certain set of beliefs that shaped your world as a child. Heaven is up the sky and hell is down below earth. If you don’t finish your plate, the left food will come after you on Judgment Day. If you play with matches, you’ll wet your bed at night. And the famous “ Ommena El Ghoola” and “ Abu Regl Maslokha” these are the night visitors who will come every time you misbehave.
3. The word “Zeft” becomes an essential part of your formation. The dictionary meaning of the word is tar, but in Egypt is refers to “bad”. It can mean extremely bad or slightly bad, most importantly, it can refer to anything and everything. You yourself can be the “zeft” personally, or she may use the word to refer to the remote control device. It’s a motherly method of enhancing your creative thinking skills. For every time your mom uses the “Z” word, your brain is challenged to take wild guess what she means by “Z” this time.
4. Reverse psychology works best with her. If you ever want to get her approval on something, complain that your father refuses or banns it. Subconsciously she’d want to gain points against your father, so she agrees to everything he rejects.
5. Deciding whether you’re a grown up or still just a kid for your mother is a matter of mood. It depends on her strategic plans and what she is expecting from you in every situation separately. So, at early age, if you wanna go on a vacation with your friends, then for her you’re too young to travel by yourself. But, if she wants to go out with your dad to a late dinner, then, you’re all grown up and can take care of yourself, your siblings, and the whole house!
6. She always got your back. Even the strictest mother will always have some change hidden here or there that she brings out at the right time. When you’re going on your first date, buying a new car and few pennies are left, or she’d pay the last installment for your house.
7. No one is ever sure of the outcome, but in general, your mother made sure that you respect the elder and will be kind to the younger. She built it in you that you can never make it in life without the right certificate hanging on your wall. You’ll never succeed in life as long as she is not satisfied with you. You should never love your wife than her. Most importantly, her family loves you more than your dad’s family.
Well these are only few major common signs. The list can go on and on. But one thing for sure is that having an Egyptian mother is a unique, rich, overwhelming emotionally, yet funny life experience. Happy Mother’s day.