A combination that we love is mashed potatoes with a variety of steamed vegetables. This dish is a healthy option rich in carbohydrates, potassium and vitamin B5.
Keep a lifetime Healthy is important for your physical and emotional well-being. That’s why we’re interested in giving you recipe options that are healthy, easy to make and always delicious.
Combining it with steamed vegetables offers a delicious dish that you can enjoy alone or with your favorite foods.
Recipes of mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables
1. Mashed potatoes with celery
Well, let’s start making a special preparation of mashed potatoes with a touch of celery . Already in itself, the mashed potatoes is a meal that we all love . But it never hurts to give it a special flavor. You dare?
- Salt to taste).
- 1 sack of potatoes (500 g).
- 1 bulb of celery (300 g).
- 1 bottle of whole milk (150 mL).
- 1 stick of butter (125 g).
- Wash the potatoes well and put them with your skin in water in a pot.
- Add a little salt and cook for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, peel the bulb of celery and cut it into pieces. Put it to cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and peel them while they are still hot.
- Mix the potatoes and celery and pass them through the masher until you get a very fine cream.
- Pass this cream to a pot and add the butter.
- Heat over low heat stirring constantly.
- Put the milk to heat and before it starts to boil, add it to the cream.
Ready. You already have your delicious puree with a touch of celery. You can use other vegetables and plants but remember that it is still a puree and not a cream .
Now that we have our mashed potatoes and we know how to vary them, we continue with the varieties of steamed vegetables to accompany them.
2. Steamed vegetables with gratin cheese
With this simple dish you get only about 60 calories per serving.
- 1 tray Oaxaca cheese (It is also known as string cheese or quesillo (250 g).
- 1 small cup of sweet corn (125 g).
- 3 carrots (60 g).
- 1 broccoli (300 g).
Steps to follow
- Wash well and disinfect the vegetables.
- Chop the vegetable into small pieces.
- Collect all the ingredients in aluminum foil and wrap them.
- Cook the vegetables in a pot, over medium heat, for 20 minutes.
Serve these steamed vegetables with your mashed potatoes to accompany your white meat or pasta.
3. Breast stuffed with steamed vegetables
Here we have incorporated the stuffed breast to our steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes. We offer you the recipe to prepare the breast.
Ingredients (for a portion)
- Variety of vegetables to taste (to prepare steam).
- Chicken breast fillets (250 g).
- Ground toasted bread (300 g).
- Ham (200 g).
- 1 egg (60 g).
- Place the amount of ham and yellow cheese that you like on the sliced breast.
- Once the breast is filled, pass it several times over a scrambled egg in a bowl. Then you pass it on the ground toasted bread.
- Fry your breasts in a pan with a little oil.
- At the end, drain them well and serve them together with your steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes. Bon Appetite!
4. Steamed salmon with vegetables in butter
We found this dish and we loved it. It is incredibly easy to prepare, very delicious and nutritious. Now, we do want to warn you that the recipe includes Saint leaf .
This is an herb that is usually found in Mexico. If you live in a Latin American community, you are likely to find it in your local store as well.
But do not worry if you do not find it. The steamed salmon is very delicious even without the holy leaf leaves. So, Cheer up!
- Epazote twigs.
- 1/4 onion (55 g).
- 1/4 salmon (55 g).
- 5 holy leaves (10 g).
- 1 red tomato (220 g).
- Butter and salt (to taste).
Steps to follow
- Cover the salmon with butter evenly. Place a holy leaf on aluminum foil and put the salmon on top.
- Cut the chili into slices, julienne onion and toss the salmon with the epazote twigs. If you like, you can add a few drops of consommé.
- Cover the salmon with the holy leaves using aluminum foil.
- Put it in a hot comal and leave it for 15 minutes or when it starts to steam over the aluminum foil.
- Now serve it with our mashed potatoes and enjoy.