There are many recipes you can make with potatoes, of that there is no doubt. Now, the truth is that potatoes have become infamous for their high carbohydrate content, therefore, many choose to dispense with this tuber.
It is not necessary to go to the extreme. Remember that potatoes are a food that contains other nutrients, in addition to carbohydrates, which they are beneficial for the organism; like potassium, copper and magnesium.
In addition, they produce a hormone called “GABA” that allows reducing stress levels and improve the quality of sleep. And we must not forget to mention its contribution of B vitamins and vitamin C.
The trick is to know how to prepare the potatoes and consume the right amount. Here are three recipes you can make with potatoes to enjoy its benefits .
3 recipes you can make with potatoes
1. Potatoes stuffed with ricotta, broccoli and mushrooms
One of the recommendations made to people who want to lose weight while eating potatoes, is accompany them with vegetable proteins and light garnishes, instead of meats and other sources of carbohydrates.
- 2 eggs (120 g).
- Half leek (25 g).
- 4 medium potatoes (500 g).
- 1 pot of lean ricotta (200 g).
- 150 grams of mushrooms.
- Parmesan cheese grated (to taste).
- 1/2 bunch of broccoli, previously cooked, (200 g).
- The potatoes are cooked in filtered water, without water, oil or seasoning. The potatoes should be firm and not soft; if we pass cooking, the filling will not be supported.
- We let the potatoes cool down while we prepare our stuffing.
- For the filling, the first thing we do is saute on high heat mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, until browning them.
- While we let the mushrooms cool, mix the previously cooked broccoli flowers, ricotta, eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl. Then we add the golden mushrooms to the filling and mix everything.
- We take the potatoes back (now at room temperature), make a small “lid” on each one and take out the inside to allow filling.
- Add a lot of filling to each of the potatoes and arrange them on a previously greased plate of butter.
- We take our potatoes to moderate heat (approximately 200ºC) for 25 or 30 minutes. The filling must gain consistency by the coagulation of the eggs.
- Once well cooked, we can serve our potatoes stuffed with the garnish that we like the most.
2. Tuna, potato and egg salad
The classic salad of lettuce and tomato can bore very easily. We offer you an exquisite variation. Is about a recipe that you can make with potatoes, tuna and hard-boiled egg.
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice (1 whole lemon).
- 4 tablespoons of vegan mayonnaise (32 g).
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (15 g).
- Salt and pepper to flavor (to taste).
- 3 medium potatoes cut into cubes (300 g).
- 2 small tins of crumbled tuna (100 g)
- 3 hard boiled eggs (120 g).
- We cook, separately, the potatoes and the eggs. Once ready, let them cool until they have the right temperature.
- We mix all the ingredients and add the lemon juice , tuna, salt, pepper, vegan mayonnaise and olive oil.
- We take to the refrigerator for 30 minutes before eating to cool the ingredients a bit.
- We serve And that’s it!
3. Potatoes stuffed with ham, tomato and mozzarella
This delicious snack is one of the tastiest recipes you can make with potatoes. If the goal is to lose weight, you have to be a little more careful with the proportions that we discuss below. Remember, the key is to eat well and in moderation.
- 2 eggs (120 g)
- 3 large potatoes (500 g).
- Raw ham (150 g).
- Dry tomato (to taste).
- Mozzarella cut into small cubes (200 g).
- Grated parmesan cheese (200 g).
- 4 tablespoons of wheat flour, or, failing that, corn starch for celiacs, (20 g).
- We cut each potato into four portions and we cook all in filtered water , without salt and without oil.
- We remove the potatoes from the heat, crush them until they form a puree, season with salt and pepper to taste and let cool.
- Meanwhile, we prepare our filling by mixing the raw ham cut into small pieces, the mozzarella cubes and the finely cut dry tomatoes. You can add: basil, oregano, sweet paprika, or other spices.
- When the potato “mash” is at room temperature, add the 2 eggs, the grated cheese and the flour. We mix well to form a thick dough;
- With a spoon, we form small portions of dough, we mold the potatoes, one by one, with our hands, fill and close well.
- Put them to fry with a little vegetable oil until they acquire a crunchy texture and a golden color.