Let’s be honest. We always count on ‘Downloads Rate’ to measure the success of a mobile application. But, it is not the only factor that can help you to determine the present and future of your mobile app. There are various other mobile app KPIs that you can turn towards and plan your app strategies accordingly – about which we will talk in this article.
So, shall we begin?
Here’s the list of the KPIs that every mobile app development company should look forward to along with app download ratio:-
- DAU (Daily Active Users) – As depicted by the name, DAU represents the number of users that visits your mobile application on a daily basis to perform some sort of action. The KPI plays a vital role in determining how an app is performing in the market, as a consistent value indicates that the users are still showing interest in the application.
- MAU (Monthly Active Users) ̵
1; MAU, just like DAU, is an indicator that let the mobile application developers know how many users hit on their platform at least a month. This value helps them to evaluate the potential of your mobile app in terms of monetization.
- Retention Rate – Retention rate of your mobile application, i.e, the number of users who remained connected to your platform even after 90 days period is also an effective KPI to consider. This is because usually most of the app users exit a platform within 90 days, implying only the loyal customers remained connected afterwards.
In such a scenario, if you have a higher app retention rate, it indicates that you have more loyal app users which is also a success matter in the mobile marketplace.
- Session Interval – Session interval defines the average amount of time between two consecutive sessions of the mobile app users. If the value is less, that means you have designed a viral and addictive application that users keep on interacting with at every instance of time. Also, it will show a rise in social media engagement, in-app purchase, app’s advertising revenue, and other such metrics.
- of App Screens per Session– This KPI empowers mobile app development companies to evaluate how many screens does an app user visit in a single session and in what sequence. If a user visits multiple screens, it signifies that either the application is too confusing or too many screens are required to be visited for a single process which eventually means your application may lose the market sooner.
- App Churn Rate – You can consider this KPI to keep a track of the users who are planning to unsubscribe/uninstall your application and thus, get an idea of how impressive the app UI/UX experience is. As per the best mobile app development agencies, a mobile application is more successful if it has a lower churn rate and vice-versa.
- Lifetime Value – It represents the amount of income you can enjoy from a particular client till the time they stay with your application. Now, this value encourage you to look into which customer is providing you a higher business and therefore, focus more on delivering an exceptional experience to them and earn better profits for a longtime.
- Crashed Sessions – With App crashes being a major challenge for a mobile app development company, this KPI is also essential in the mobile marketplace. It enables the developers to know when, where and how many times does the app crashes. And this way, provide them with an opportunity to improve their app experience and lower down the users abandonment rate.
- Organic User Growth Rate – The number of users who have reached to your mobile app page and installed the application without any direct marketing is considered as Organic user growth rate of your app. This metric plays a significant role in evaluating the app success since a decent value indicates that your application has the traits of app virality.
- Ratings and Reviews – Ratings and Reviews, as covered in this Comprehensive Guide on Play Store Optimization, leaves a significant impact on the App ranking and user’s decision of whether to install your app or not. So, do not skip checking the Rating and reviews of your mobile application and determine ways to improve the two.
- Conversion Rate per Each Item Paid – This mobile app metrics demonstrates how effective is your application in converting users to clients and driving higher sales. It provides you with a quick and visual method to determine what users enjoy in your services/products and thus, focus on that particular product/service for getting more orders, along with looking into their pain points and improving your app accordingly.
So, here were some of the mobile app KPIs and metrics that you can turn towards to get an idea of how successful is your mobile application in the market and thus, take the right decision to improve its future and your profits.